Model Cars Magazine Forum

A.C. Moore Out Of Business!

Tom Geiger

2 hours ago, Mark said:

I'm far from being a "people person" but still prefer to do my shopping in person, and see what I'm getting.  One guy I work with buys clothes online, I can't see it.  A couple of weeks ago, I bought a pair of winter boots.  I wear a size 9-1/2 shoe, went to the store, grabbed the box marked 9-1/2, tried the boots on, they fit just fine.  I then looked for the size as marked on the boots themselves, and they were actually size 11.  Had I ordered 9-1/2 online, I'd have had to send them back and wait another week to get something that fit.

.... you were in the store...?

I have purchased pants and shoes online, but only stuff that I am familiar with. I have been picking up business casual pants on eBay for $30-40 that sell for nearly $100 at Nordstrom. New with tags, new without tags. My normal work shoe is a Rockport Eureka. When I need a new pair, it's much less hassle to get them online than to hope the brick and mortar store has the right size. Not usually cheaper online, but much less hassle. 

I buy Florsheim shoes on-line.  I have an unusual triple wide size that the stores don't seem to stock.  Actually it was a shoe guy at Macy's that told me to go to their website.  I get emails from them on a regular basis about sales.  And even then, half the time they don't have the triple wides on the sales items!

Bye bye Ac Moore.I feel for the employees, but the store just went down hill.And to bring this up.Do people really have the time or the ability to do arts and crafts?I wish I could say yes.But that’s not the reality.As far as stores, for the best crafts thought, It would have to be IMO, HL.

We had a chain here in the Cleveland area called Pat Catan’s, Michaels bought them and closed them. It’s too bad, one was about a mile from my house and I used their framing services to get some artwork framed when I moved into my current house.  They also stocked model cars.