Model Cars Magazine Forum

How to repair this?

Since this looks like fairly flat parts without a lot of character lines in it. Try either Evergreen sheet styrene, I have used their part #9020 plain .020 thick sheet. Plastruct also offers similar sheet plastic that you could use. Just cut parts to fill the gap and glue to the body. There will be some sanding and shaping but it shouldn't be to difficult.    

The box on top of the left-hand inner fender is the W/S washer reservoir.

The coolant reservoir and the radiator nipple that connects to it is on the right-hand side.

That outcropping near the right-hand headlight is the battery location.

The coolant reservoir is right next to the battery, towards the firewall.

Edited by Slick Shifter

2 hours ago, Plowboy said:

That kit actually had dual batteries. One on each side. So, you could just glue a battery back in that spot as that's where it was. Monogram was famous for that kind of stuff. Their '78 Z/28 has dual washer reservoirs and no battery. 

Interesting I didn't know that and that would explain may be why I cut it to start with. The original build on this for me was well over 30 years ago so who knows what I was thinking LOL...

FYI, that shape on the top of the Monogram passenger side fender is the jack and jack handles. Don't know regular Blazers well enough to know if the 2nd battery was an option in gas engines, but I do know that the '76 and '77 Blazer Chalets (gas, 350s or 400s) with the factory-installed camper units had a second battery on the driver's side to power the camper unit's lights and sink water faucet.

DualBattChalet.jpg.65e2a5e6c3bdc2c13a295b621a60bd1b.jpg

Edited by Russell C

I knew of the duel batteries for trucks with the Diesel engine option and the Blazer Camper Special. The dealership I worked at finally sold the one unit that we had at a big loss after paying Flooring on it for over a year.  The standard position for a pickup or Blazer with a single battery would be at the passenger side. This was probably because of its proximity too the Alternator  and the Starter.