Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sam I Am

69 AMX parts

I need a pair of Johan 1969 AMX taillights and steering wheel/ column. I hope that someone has these and hopefully I have what you want in trade. 😄

T.I.A.

Sam 

Edited by Sam I Am

There's only one taillight piece in that kit, it goes all the way across the back.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

There's only one taillight piece in that kit, it goes all the way across the back.

Yeah. I recently scored an unbuilt AMX kit that's missing that piece, so I need one too. Worse comes to worst, I think I could scratchbuild it. But I have another unbuilt one that should have it--maybe someone here can resin-copy us a couple of them? B)

I just bought some (more) clear resin, and am (again) testing it with various dyes and acrylic paints.  My thoughts are to cast taillight pieces with a red tint, then give them a coat of transparent red if needed to darken them, and get rid of potential surface tackiness. 

I want to do a few headlight lenses too (for kits like the MPC '87 Mustang and Lindberg Dodge Dakota which have plated ones).  I messed with a drop of pearl white in one mix, hopefully to counter eventual yellowing of the resin.  The hobby resins are likely to yellow a bit, as they are probably repackaged industrial stuff that is near (or past) its original "use by" date.

For taillights, I'll probably try '73-'75 Duster pieces first, as they will be easy to do and I need three or four sets.  The AMX/Javelin piece looks more difficult, but I am interested in a few of these myself also.  Just need some time for experimentation, as I haven't done any casting in some time...