Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DPNM

Fender flairs, airdams, wheels and tires sought

I have a couple builds in mind that I want to put wide front and rear tires on. What I am looking for is something like what is found in the Craig Carter IMSA Camaro kit. I may be inclined to trade for the complete kit if need  be.

If anyone may know of other kits that have flairs like these I'd appreciate that info also. Gives me more to choose from/look for.

I'd also like to find the wheels and tires from an AMT/ERTL '62 Corvette kit number 6521.

PM me with what you have, let me know what you are looking for, and hopefully we can work something out. I have various things to trade.

imsa c.jpg

amt6521.jpg

Edited by DPNM

Fujimi do at least 3 different sets in their line up of wide arches. their aimed at the wide bosuku style stuff but the arches might fit with a little modifying. they turn up pretty often on the auction site or hlj and 1999 will stock them. the amt scirocco also has some wide arches but they are possibly too small and bubble like. I've also made wide arches from plastic spoons for a wild modern mustang

DSC04152.JPG

DSC04121.JPG

Thank you for the Fujimi wheel flair set heads up Leslie. I checked them out on feeBay and it looks like GT31 & GT33 might have ones I can use. GT32 not so much.

No US sellers though, at least when I looked. Not ready to shop overseas yet.

15 hours ago, DPNM said:

Thank you for the Fujimi wheel flair set heads up Leslie. I checked them out on feeBay and it looks like GT31 & GT33 might have ones I can use. GT32 not so much.

No US sellers though, at least when I looked. Not ready to shop overseas yet.

the japanese stores are safe enough to use mate, and you'll probably save money buying from them too, or you could ask on some of the tuner build groups on facebook

8 hours ago, stitchdup said:

the japanese stores are safe enough to use mate, and you'll probably save money buying from them too, or you could ask on some of the tuner build groups on facebook

Thanks again. From what I've found it would be less expensive for me to buy the whole CC IMSA kit from a US seller as the prices on those are less than just the flair sets. True, more flair parts to the flair sets but a lot of usable other type parts from the kit too.

I'm hoping someone here has what I'm looking for.

I don't do facebook.