Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody see The Irishman?

NYLIBUD

Has anyone see The Irishman?Its on Netflix now, but I heard it is fantastic.Like An Irish Goodfellas....?? I Gotta See it...Anything that Martin Scorsese directs or has anything to do with a film,is great right off the bat.He’s Hollywoods finest.

37982656-4F8F-4C01-8D81-49CA7E877E50.jpeg

16 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Has anyone see The Irishman?Its on Netflix now, but I heard it is fantastic.Like An Irish Goodfellas....?? I Gotta See it...Anything that Martin Scorsese directs or has anything to do with a film,is great right off the bat.He’s Hollywoods finest.

37982656-4F8F-4C01-8D81-49CA7E877E50.jpeg

Watched it this afternoon.  DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci and Kietel.  Long, episodic drama about various real life mobsters and Jimmy Hoffa.  Very good, lots of neat old cars in various scenes.  

Edited by Rob Hall

Watched it when it first came out. I was really looking forward to seeing it since Bufalino was running stuff from nearby Pittston Pa. I remember seeing his name in the local papers all the time. 
The movie didn’t seem like it was 3 1/2 hours long though. Most likely because it was pretty interesting. 

• 10 months later...

I tried to read the book and couldn't finish it, which is unusual for me.  Reading it was sort of like sitting in an airplane on a long flight, with the old guy in the seat beside you yammering non-stop.  It probably didn't help when I read something from one of The Irishman's accomplices:  "The only thing Frank Sheeran ever killed was a bottle of wine."

Still, movies are sometimes better than the book and I'll give it a shot, one of these days. 

• 2 weeks later...