Model Cars Magazine Forum

Transfer photos phone to pc

Flat32

I'm fairly computer savvy, but have a problem setting up my win 10 laptop to automatically receive photos I take with my Samsung A50 Android phone. Don't have any twelve year olds available to set it up. Tried following Microsoft instructions and just get confused when they ask for a password without identifying a password for what??? The phone? My computer? My wifi network? Bluetooth? Some Microsoft account?

I get three layers deep in Windows instructions and get lost.  I feel like I'm trying to do something that is stupid simple and must be overthinking it somewhere.

Anybody know where the secret sauce is???

Ok...........I'm going to try this again as I tried to post earlier, but got the stupid 404 Error! :huh: I have to go through a TOR browser to get this to post hopefully.

Raymond, when you tried to plug in your phone via its USB cable, did the PC acknowledge it was loading drivers from your phone? Lack of doing this will keep it from operating on your OS and you can't do anything with it. Once those drivers are loaded, you can then go under Windows Explorer and see where your phone is located under Computer files. It should have its own letter drive designation...........ie: E. F G, H drive etc.

Click on the file name of your phone (double click or right click and hit open) and you can from there see where your pics are located. Copy the pics from your phone's files and then you should be able to paste them in whatever folder you'd like.

Actually, 'Droids should be easier to load pics from as you don't have to go through iTunes hell to get pics from certain folders for instance with iPhones. Lemme know if this works for you...........the loading of the drivers is important though. Windows 10 also should have a window pop up to let you know if you'd like to go to your phone's files when you first plug it in. If that's the case click on that and Windows Explorer automatically opens up to view those files. 

Hope all this helps! 

If you have a Google account, you can "receive" your photos that way.
I've found that when I log into Google I can see photos that I took on my phone. I was ticked when I first saw it but then figured Google knows just about everything about me anyway.

There could be other ways, but try this: (You can also go the long way and just go to Google.com, log in and then search Google Photos.)

On your computer go to: https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/signinchooser?passive=1209600&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fphotos.google.com%2Flogin&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fphotos.google.com%2Flogin&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin

Sign into Google, You should see all of your photos from your phone with the dates they were taken.

I was stunned as to how far back they have pics I took!

Good luck!

USB transfer I'm familiar with.  Google cloud I've just gotten a little familiar with, enough to do a couple trial runs. What I'm looking to do is set up a synced shared folder between the pc and phone that works wireless using either blue tooth or wifi. 

I don't want dependence on the internet cloud or the cell phone carrier for this where it goes through a process of uploading and downloading on offsite servers.

Scenario is I'm on a forum where I'd like to post snippets of my skunk works model build operation currently located in laundry room.

Problem is my inability to understand the nuts and bolts of setting up local networks.

Just beware of photo storage on your phone, especially if you wish to keep your photos indefinitely.   At different intervals I will download the photos from my phone to my laptop and then copy them to an external drive.  I will then delete photos I no longer wish to carry on my phone to reduce the load that gets backed up to the cloud each day.   

It's always good to have them on an external drive. That way you have the photos on three different devices which should protect you against any snafu!  

3 hours ago, DPNM said:

I'm not too computer savvy so this is the way I do it.

I put the pics I want from my phone into an email to myself. I get on my PC, open the email and save the attachments.

This works well enough for me.

That's what I do as my daughter had just taught me that a couple of weeks ago. You can also send the photos to other people's e-mail addy as well.

• 1 month later...

Finally got what I wanted to do working. Can now take a photo with my Android phone and see the photo on my Win 10 pc using the Microsoft Your Phone app. I guess it's using wifi so probably range limited, but I think with auto connect turned on any photos I took while out of range will automatically get transferred as soon as I'm in range.  Photo shows up on the pc in under 3 seconds.

Don't know if the app is using the cloud or not.