Model Cars Magazine Forum

Building The Land Rover Series III. ( Revell)

Getting started, paint is from Scalefinish, Limestone is for the roof and wheels.

landrover-vi.jpg
P1140446small_1-vi.jpg
Body in a coat of Tamiya primer,and panel lines darkened
P1000049-vi.jpg
P1000050-vi.jpg
P1000051-vi.jpg
Getting all the pieces that need to be body color painted.
P1000052-vi.jpg
Wheels painted
P1000054-vi.jpg
Engine painted in a baby blue like color, and the trans
P1000056-vi.jpg

Looking good, I'll be following with interest, I've just been contacted by Scale Modelling Now magazine, Revell have supplied one for a product and build review, I've been asked to have it displayed on the stand at New year's IPMS Nationals next year, no pressure there then....

3 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Looking good, I'll be following with interest, I've just been contacted by Scale Modelling Now magazine, Revell have supplied one for a product and build review, I've been asked to have it displayed on the stand at New year's IPMS Nationals next year, no pressure there then....

That is awesome, I am sure you will do a lovely job on it,  good luck Geoff!

The progress that was made today

All the main painting, masking, and some more painting has been done on the interior pieces

P1000128-vi.jpg
Suspension parts are all attach
P1000120-vi.jpg
P1000122-vi.jpg
P1000124-vi.jpg

And if you follow the instructions, you are gonna have a hard time getting the interior floor piece attached the the chassis, engineering fail here.
P1000130-vi.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Todays update is going to be small, the body was clear coated, its still drying in the garage so no photo yet,  once it cures, I will mask it off and then paint the roof.

I got the wheels done last night,  the flat black I used is more like a semi , I think I might go back over it with a new bottle of flat black.  For those that are not watching the build video I will mention it here,  the tire that you will use for the spare tire is different than the other four, the inside ribbing is different and its not mentioned in the instructions.
P1000208-vi.jpg

Sit tight guys, talk among yourselves, its gonna be a short time before the next update, the clear coat didnt turn out too good, so its taking a bath right now and because its 2kitsgonnakillya clear, and I waited a bit, its gonna take a bit of time before its ready to come off.

Too bad about the clear Jonathan....it happens to all of us.

Nice progress looks good and looks like a good kit.

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Likely hiding out in Toronto in a warehouse.......Canada Customs is just brutal...have I mentioned that before?

Nice not on the tires too. Good to have those little nuggets shared. Thanks.

Progress , round two of the paint/clear coat is done, (Its not a great clear coat, but its good enough for the last model of 2019) roof painted, clear coat for it next, I still need to clear coat the hood as well.    
LR1-vi.jpg
LR2-vi.jpg
And I got some work to do, but should be easy to get that repaired.
LR3-vi.jpg