Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help ID-ing this car...

Thank you for the input and replies everyone! Yes, it's the rear (driver side) tail-light.

Over the holiday weekend the family was going through some old pics, and I spotted the car (not the main point of the pic), and I was intrigued by it.
I poked around a little more too...maybe a 62-63 Falcon? Now to hunt down a model kit...

I think it looks more like the t bird, there appears to be a small fin area above the light, and the bumper looks closer. In the op's pic the bumper looks to follow more of the light around than the falcon does, and there appears to be the exhaust cut out in its bumper which the falcon again doesn't have. And the reflections in the pic look like their on something a bit more angular

Edited by stitchdup

I don't think it's a T-Bird because there's too much sheet metal surrounding that tail light.  If you look closer, what looks like a fin at first is actually part of the background, and whatever that spot on the bumper is, it defintiely doesn't match the shape of the T-Bird exhaust.  It's definitely some variation on an early Falcom.

Looking at the taillight bezel, I think the  closest match for US Falcon models might be a '61 model.

1961-ford-falcon