Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Chevrolet Impala Hardtop

landman

Paint/two-tone is looking great so far Pat! If you can get through foiling one of these, you foil just about any car. This, the '58 Olds......actually just about any GM '58 car as they could be chrome laden beasts!

When I was doing my '59, I remember it taking over a period of several days working an hour or two at a time.

Worked on the interior. I had painted it the same color as the car with the intent to fill in the inserts with different colors but it looked too gaudy. So I picked two colors that are plausible as I couldn't match anything in the photos I saw. I have a set of seat inserts coming from Keith Marks. Then there will be a few rounds of touch ups. added the fuel line to the engine.

IMG_9806.JPG

IMG_9807.JPG

Great looking engine. I'm not trying to be a kill joy, but you might want to relook at your engine references. The Vacuum Advance unit on the Distributer I think should be on the passenger side of the Distributer and the Ignition Coil would be mounted on top and to the rear of the Intake Manifold. As mounted the Coil would contact the Firewall. Looking forward to seeing the seat insert decals.Ā 

1 hour ago, espo said:

Great looking engine. I'm not trying to be a kill joy, but you might want to relook at your engine references. The Vacuum Advance unit on the Distributer I think should be on the passenger side of the Distributer and the Ignition Coil would be mounted on top and to the rear of the Intake Manifold. As mounted the Coil would contact the Firewall. Looking forward to seeing the seat insert decals.Ā 

The coil is actually on the firewall. I put it there, and then made another one on the engine. Am I ready for the "home"? As far as the vacuum advance goes, i tested it and it works.?

IMG_9811.JPG