Model Cars Magazine Forum

1995 Crown Victoria - Orange County, CA Sheriff (Restoration)

av405

About 4 years ago, I attended the Model Kit Collector's Expo show and swap meet in Buena Park, CA. I bought an old Lindberg Crown Victoria that had been built up by the show's founder, Bob Keller (RIP). The model was sold to me by his daughter, Edith. We got to talking and I told her that I would restore her father's model. Bob had already done an excellent job building an accurate representation of a 1995 Crown Victoria of the Orange County, CA Sheriff's Department. But years of neglect had led to parts going missing and blemishes on the body.

Long story short, I finally restored the build. I cleaned up the body and applied a black wash to the panel lines and wheel covers. I added missing Ford decals to the grill, trunk, and one of the wheels. I replaced the stock bumper with a scratch-built Go Rhino bar that OCSD used at the time. I added antennas and finished the build off with an OCSD-spec light bar from Dave Panek.

The last photo is from the day I bought the model.

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_0161.jpeg

Edited by av405

Thank you all for the compliments.

12 hours ago, slusher said:

Man, that’s a fantastic rework!!  May I ask where you found the ford decals?

They are from the Lindberg Crown Victoria kit. I've built some of these kits in the past, so I had a few extra Ford ovals laying around.