Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bob Banning funny car

Pro Tech

I started this thread in "On The Workbench" but decided to move it here. This build is based from the Johan funny car kit. I will make some minor revisions to the kit to make it closer to the actual Bob Banning car. Here's the latest pics.

Thanks for looking,

Charlie

Pro Tech

DSCN1642.jpg

DSCN1640.jpg

DSCN1638.jpg

DSCN1637.jpg

DSCN1636.jpg

DSCN1635.jpg

DSCN1634.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful job you did there Charlie,it really looks awesome.Also,I know you dont know me but I gotta tell you your stuff at pro tech is awesome,I did a super detail build of Eddie Hills penzoil dragster and used a bunch of things from You.The braided line is the only one I will ever use now,As far as I'm concerned nothing else comes close to yours.

Very, very nice build...hope ya don't mind that I copied the photo of your plumbing work, can never have enough reference photos.

I use your braided line exclusively...nothing else on the market comes close to it!

It's nice to see you have time to build... B)

Thanks guy for the comments and your support of my products, always appreciated!

We Haul - The header paint is Wal Mart flat black then I used gray pastel chalk to lighten the heat prone areas.

Curt - no problem at all, copy away!

Charlie

Pro Tech

I had to comment on this one. That is one of the coolest funny cars, scratch that, coolest cars period I have seen on this site, or any others for that matter! I've never built a funny car before, but I am certainly inspired!

Thank you for sharing, and I too am a big fan of your products (and your great customer service).

Regards,

Greg