Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hachette 24h Le Mans Collection - 1/24

Gramps46

31 minutes ago, randyc said:

Those are nice GT40s.  I have 1/18 Jouef and a 1/43 from someone.  Both in Gulf colors.  Would love to have an affordable 1/24

You hit the nail on the head.  For now I'm content with these I built but i just love GT40's so I will get one of these.

IMG_6463.JPG

1 hour ago, Geno said:

Those are neat, I wanted to get the American car series in 1/24 but haven't had a bit of luck finding them.

Geno, I never found the American series either.  Wondering if it was a trial balloon.  Would love to find a Hachette distributor willing to ship to US other than only on eBay.

This is a quote from Junkman, Christian Pamp, a year ago which is helpful to understand the Hachette distribution. 

Let me explain...

These magazine 'Partwork' collections are completely localised, i.e. when they run them in - say - France, they aren't available anywhere outside France.
The only way to get them is from vendors on eBay, or some other online outlets. You can't even subscribe from abroad.

They have been ongoing for quite some time and it was the Italians who started the first 1/24 scale series about ten years ago.

Each of those series is preceded by a 'Test' series, which is even in its issuing country only available in certain areas, or by subscription, and usually consists of five to ten models. If the 'Test' is successful, a fully fledged series may follow, which usually consists of 50 - 100 models.

Albeit only in Spanish, here is some quite comprehensive information regarding the 1/24 series hitherto issued anywhere in the world: http://diecast24.blogspot.com/2017/01/colecciones-de-kiosco-escala-124.html

Sometimes certain models from one series make it into another one, like e.g. the Maverick GT, which had been part of a test series run in Brazil last year.

If you are interested in examples of the French series, you can order them here for the issuing price plus postage: https://www.journaux.fr/auto-vintage_vehicules-miniatures_7_1_458398.html

I have pretty much the entire series and pool my orders with three to four other collectors to save on postage. We order once a month, so among us we get ten to twelve models at a time that way, which cuts postage to practically insignificance once it's shared between us.

Hitherto the French dealer has been 100% reliable.

Oh geez. We should do something like that. 

57 Tank is in the LM stuff, a Chapron SM Opera 4 door, and early corrugated 2CV (better than Gunze resin), a DS21 Chapron 4 door, a Rosalie, the Facel I've missed, the Pegaso too. 

LM stuff with Bentley, other stuff needed. 

The picks of the FnF and US stuff look like some Welly stuff, as does a couple of the Porsches (73 RS esp)

I've got a lot of these but not many lately. The B20 Lancia in Tintin looks crude. 

And the 70 Camaro in the pic looks to have flares and Minilites like a Chaparral race car, the CHev woody looks like the off scale one by whichever. 

74607580_1273765772795466_3012086965848768512_n.jpga2.jpg

3 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Thanks Gary for the info, It is greatly appreciated.

This is a quote from Junkman, Christian Pamp, a year ago which is helpful to understand the Hachette distribution. 

Let me explain...

These magazine 'Partwork' collections are completely localised, i.e. when they run them in - say - France, they aren't available anywhere outside France.
The only way to get them is from vendors on eBay, or some other online outlets. You can't even subscribe from abroad.

They have been ongoing for quite some time and it was the Italians who started the first 1/24 scale series about ten years ago.

Each of those series is preceded by a 'Test' series, which is even in its issuing country only available in certain areas, or by subscription, and usually consists of five to ten models. If the 'Test' is successful, a fully fledged series may follow, which usually consists of 50 - 100 models.

Albeit only in Spanish, here is some quite comprehensive information regarding the 1/24 series hitherto issued anywhere in the world: http://diecast24.blogspot.com/2017/01/colecciones-de-kiosco-escala-124.html

Sometimes certain models from one series make it into another one, like e.g. the Maverick GT, which had been part of a test series run in Brazil last year.

If you are interested in examples of the French series, you can order them here for the issuing price plus postage: https://www.journaux.fr/auto-vintage_vehicules-miniatures_7_1_458398.html

I have pretty much the entire series and pool my orders with three to four other collectors to save on postage. We order once a month, so among us we get ten to twelve models at a time that way, which cuts postage to practically insignificance once it's shared between us.

Hitherto the French dealer has been 100% reliable.

• 1 month later...

Late last week I received from France the Hachette 1/24 1969 Gulf Ford GT40 and the 1992 Peugeot 905 Evo 1 Le Mans winners.  IMO they are pretty darn nice.  The only criticism I have on the Ford is the seam within the air intakes on either side of the rear window.  There is a bit of a mystery with the Peugeot though and that is the rear wing.  My references show two versions with the decal on the top of the wing.  Some photos have the big Peugeot decal and some have only two smaller decals.  Practice and race maybe?  

Oh yes, they are attached to the base with the European Union child safety screws with the triangular pattern.

1896941662_Peugeot905-EVO1_1992_1_20200113_131421(2).jpg.7a71820c6dde7bc8f08c82dd2dde3f5d.jpg2016872974_Peugeot905-EVO1_1992_1_20200113_131421(1).jpg.a54a31a4c7e5cf2739276e3c04a595cc.jpg511600476_Peugeot905-EVO1_1992_1_20200113_131421(3).jpg.017afc274eca9bdad141bc9fe00c5e93.jpg20200109_084342.jpg.a473bf98cbc1a534f1f83e919178261a.jpg20200109_084414.jpg.67e598ab0fd0bc415495bf69a36ebe46.jpg20200109_084429.jpg.725bf6dc9062923c9ec614a362840eb1.jpg

Edited by Gramps46

Well I got quite a surprise.  When I removed the Peugeot from its base, a second wing dropped out with the other small decals on it.

There were only 2 vendors on eBay offering these when I purchased mine and with shipping the Ford was near $100 and the Peugeot was a little less.  This sounds awful expensive but is still less than the resin kits. 

• 5 months later...
55 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

The Hachette 1/24 Gulf GT40 is back on eBay again and cheaper than originally listed.

I know who will buy one.  ?  Thanks for the tip.  Shipping may take a while to the USA and it shows one left.

Edited by vamach1