Model Cars Magazine Forum

Women

Flat32

22 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

There was a woman on here not long ago who was doing a good deal of building, and she was getting better all the time. Can't remember her name and come to think of it, haven't seen her post in a few weeks. 

I think she posted that she had moved to Oregon. I remember the Dioramas she built. They would have to be seen to believe just how detailed they looked.   

6 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

That's EShaver: 

Yah, did some really terrific dioramas .

The women I know are mostly of the end result and functionality mind set.

I do have a sister who asks me how I am doing on my latest projects, though I do think she 

thinks Im weird to spend so long on a thing that does nothing but sit there and has no purpose

she can fathom. ? 

16 minutes ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

I do have a sister who asks me how I am doing on my latest projects, though I do think she 

thinks Im weird to spend so long on a thing that does nothing but sit there and has no purpose

she can fathom. ? 

That's actually quite nice, my sister does not talk to

me at all!  EVER!!!   LOL!!

So it's just about zip for women on this forum.

So what about teenagers??  Perhaps if we include the the 20 to 30 year olds?  

3 minutes ago, DonW said:

Why this 'them' and 'us'?

And in the end we're only ordinary men...

Seems like ordinary old men.  

3 hours ago, Flat32 said:

So it's just about zip for women on this forum.

So what about teenagers??  Perhaps if we include the the 20 to 30 year olds?  

Seems like ordinary old men.  

You have to have a LOT on the ball to live and survive long enough to achieve “old” status, man or woman, ‘ordinary’ or not. Fools and idiots generally don’t make it. 

There was a young lady who started posting her builds here in the last year. I remember watching her building skills improve dramatically in a very short time. Now I don't remember the last time I saw anything from her. 

On the old Hobby Heaven board, there was a lady I used to correspond with on a regular basis by the name of "MustangGal". Her real name was Jackie Murphy and I thought she was a darn good builder. Haven't heard from her in years now and I don't think she ever joined this board that I know of.

Jackie you out there? We'd love to have you posting here!

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

On the old Hobby Heaven board, there was a lady I used to correspond with on a regular basis by the name of "MustangGal". Her real name was Jackie Murphy and I thought she was a darn good builder. Haven't heard from her in years now and I don't think she ever joined this board that I know of.

I see her posting on Facebook in some modeling groups occasionally.   I have a 1/2 dozen or so of her built kits I bought off eBay maybe 15 years ago, all with vinyl tops.. 

Edited by Rob Hall

On 12/5/2019 at 9:56 PM, Snake45 said:

I thought that was the name, but wasn't sure. Where are you, Michelle? 

Yes - good question.  She has visited recently but she has not posted since October 20th.  She built more models in 6 months than I have in five years.  I hope she is okay and posts again soon.  She brought great enthusiasm to our plastic playground and we need more of the younger generation to understand our love for building models and to keep the hobby going when we are being spoon fed thinking about the good old days.

3 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

I was friendly with Michelle and sent her some parts. It was fun because she used them immediately. When she hadn’t posted in a while I PMed her and she said she was taking a break from building so she wouldn’t burn out on it. But that was a while ago

It's only been about six weeks.  I have taken much longer breaks - life just happens sometimes.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:30 PM, MrObsessive said:

I remember her and would love to hear from her again.  She was an awesome builder who did a lot of Mustangs. 

But she also took on the super-human task of superdetailing a TKM Resins kit. IIRC, it was a 1974 Mercury Marquis Brougham "Hawaii 5-0" car.  She hacked that thing completely apart and basically rebuilt the entire body. I think she had a blog for a while and I saw it there.  Not sure if she ever finished that Merc, but it was an incredible build. 

Edited by Mike999
goof

On 12/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, STYRENE-SURFER said:

she can fathom. ? 

Kurt, I drove through your city several times this past summer ! I wish I had known ya . I would have bought ya lunch....