Model Cars Magazine Forum

photo etch hoseclamps

I can't say I've ever seen any. I'll use very narrow strips of Bare Metal Foil for a hose clamp. The tightening mechanism is the only problem but I will usually use a tiny chip of plastic glued in place and foiled. This looks ok in scale.  

I’ve tried using those - they’re really tricky to get right.  Best thing I figured out was to pre-bend them around something smaller diameter than the hose you’re trying to put them on so they’re a snug fit - they’ll naturally spring back to a bigger radius than you bent them to.  That minimises the need to try and glue them in place - which is hit or miss at the best of times 

I also use a strip of Bare-Metal Foil, or sometimes a piece of (stripped) 30 AWG wire-wrapping wire (because it is silver-plated, not copper color). on models 1:24 and smaller (down to 1:43). I have some photoetched hose clamps but I feel they would look more in-scale on larger scale models (like 1:16 and larger).

Edited by peteski

7 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I’ve tried using those - they’re really tricky to get right.  Best thing I figured out was to pre-bend them around something smaller diameter than the hose you’re trying to put them on so they’re a snug fit - they’ll naturally spring back to a bigger radius than you bent them to.  That minimises the need to try and glue them in place - which is hit or miss at the best of times 

^^ bingo

After getting them bent correctly and trimmed so there is a little overlap on the clamp, you can glue a thin piece of styrene rod across the hose clamp to serve as the screw portion, and paint silver.