Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T SE (Special Edition)

Bills72sj

6 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Beautiful!!!, love those wheels and tyres you used!!

There is actually a story behind their purchase on the 1:1. My buddy was getting the car painted by his sister's baby daddy. We were in his dining room and he was looking through newspaper flyers from tire stores looking for wheels to choose. Solid disc Centerline wheels were popular during that time but were spendy. American Racing Wheels made knock offs that were similar in both with, and without round holes. He asked my opinion on which ones he should get. I looked at them and said get the holes for the front and get the solids for the rear. I argued it makes the rear look racy and the fronts brakes get cooling. He liked the idea so he bought them. 15x7 front and 15x8.5 rear. Like a piece of artwork, it compels you to move your eyes checking out front then back to determine the difference. He got a lot of compliments from his choice.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, Bills72sj said:

There is actually a story behind their purchase on the 1:1. My buddy was getting the car painted by his sister's baby daddy. We were in his dining room and he was looking through newspaper flyers from tire stores looking for wheels to choose. Solid disc Centerline wheels were popular during that time but were spendy. American Racing Wheels made knock offs that were similar in both with, and without round holes. He asked my opinion on which ones he should get. I looked at them and said get the holes for the front and get the solids for the rear. I argued it makes the rear look racy and the fronts brakes get cooling. He liked the idea so he bought them. 15x7 front and 15x8.5 rear. Like a piece of artwork, it compels you to move your eyes checking out front then back to determine the difference. He got a lot of compliments from his choice.

You were totally right!, but it doesnt work for just any car. Great advice!....i LOVE Centerline wheels!....with those and BFG's, you cant go wrong!!