Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Dodge - Class of '56 - Graduate # 16

Ramfins59

HPIM5376.thumb.JPG.c59aebfc028a651f024908f42763cd4d.JPGAfter long last (9 months) I finally finished this car.  It is a curbside, resin kit of a 1956 Dodge that I got from Modelhaus before they closed up shop.  I settled on a 2 color, black & white paint scheme after 2 failed attempts at a tri-color paint job.  2 trips into the purple pond and months of frustrating inactivity, it's finally done.  The wire wheels are from one of the Moebius Chrysler kits, and the antenna was made from a short length of thin wire, a short piece of stainless steel tubing and a small piece of round plastic rod for the base.

I used black embossing powder for the interior carpeting and added a brake pedal and a piece of a pin to the steering column for a turn signal lever.  I also added visors, an interior mirror and a dome light to the interior headliner.  The dashboard was detailed with BMF & Molotow chrome.  Black & white colors for the interior with BMF on the door panel trim.

I now have only one car left to finish for myHPIM5376.thumb.JPG.c59aebfc028a651f024908f42763cd4d.JPG 1956 car collection (Studebaker) and then between plastic kits, resin kits, promos and diecasts I'll have every major car marque for 1956.  Then it's on to the rest of the 1950's years.

Thanks for looking in on this.  Any and all comments are welcome as always.

HPIM5381.JPG

HPIM5380.JPG

HPIM5382.JPG

HPIM5382.JPG

HPIM5383.JPG

HPIM5384.JPG

HPIM5386.JPG

HPIM5376.JPG

HPIM5378.JPG

HPIM5377.JPG

As I tried stating above, this is a 1956 Dodge, curbside, resin kit that I got from Modelhaus before they closed up shop.  After 2 failed attempts at a tri-color paint job and 2 trips into the purple pond,   settled on a 2 color, black & white paint job.  The wire wheels are from one of the Moebius Chrysler kits.  I made the antenna using a short length of fine wire, a short piece of stainless steel tubing and a small piece of round plastic rod for the base.

Black embossing powder was used for the carpeting.  I added a brake pedal, a piece of a pin for a turn signal lever, and visors, a mirror and a dome light to the interior headliner.  The dash was detailed with BMF & Molotow and BMF for the door panel trim.  Basic black & white colors for the overall interior.

Now that this car is done, I only have one car left to finish for my 1956 car collection...... a Studebaker.  Then between plastic kits, resin kits, promos and diecasts, I'll have every major car marque for 1956.  Then it'll be on to complete the rest of the 1950's years.  

Thanks for looking in on this.  Any and all comments are welcomed as usual.

Nice work Richard.

This '56 kit was my last purchase from Modelhaus before they closed up shop.

I have contemplated building it several times but always shied away because it needed considerable body work to make it look right.

If the day comes that I decide to tackle it, it will be tri-tone, pale blue, black and white.

Steve

11 hours ago, Ramfins59 said:

Now that this car is done, I only have one car left to finish for my 1956 car collection...... a Studebaker.  Then between plastic kits, resin kits, promos and diecasts, I'll have every major car marque for 1956.  Then it'll be on to complete the rest of the 1950's years. 

Have you done a 1956 Olds? I saw on at a local car show and was awestruck by it. I picked up a resin version but it hasn't made it into the queue yet.

DSCF0224.JPG

DSCF0223.JPG

7 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Have you done a 1956 Olds? I saw on at a local car show and was awestruck by it. I picked up a resin version but it hasn't made it into the queue yet.

DSCF0224.JPG

DSCF0223.JPG

Thanks Bill.  Yes, I finished a '56 Olds several years ago using a curbside Johan promo with a Modelhaus resin interior.  I built it mildly customized with a slightly aggressive stance.

56 OLDSMOBILE FINISHED 2 (1024x755).jpg

56 OLDSMOBILE FINISHED 5 (1024x733).jpg

56 OLDSMOBILE FINISHED 4 (1024x748).jpg