Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Aventador Miura edition

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone! I bought this kit because i wanted to see why so many people out there still build this when there are the VERY nice Aoshima kits out there. Having built a couple of the Aoshima versions, i will go through this one, and do a mostly part-by-part direct comparison. Believe it or not, but there are some things that Fujimi did better.

-Photo 2; This is how mine will look.

-Photo 3-5; I think that Fujimis headlamps are detailed better...are easier to attach, but dont have a separate clear lens like Aoshimas.

-Photo 6; The wavy line shows the size of the part....dont know why they did it this way....separate bits like the Aoshima kit is better. The arrows point to areas that are raised pretty decently...it will take a bit to get them level.

-Photo 7; If you seat the side panel all the way in, you will end up with a large, uneven ledge, and neither the PE, or the plastic mesh bits will fit in.....so Dont seat it in all the way. Aoshima's Part is better in this aspect.

-Photo 8; When this inner side vent part is attached, you will have to grind down, and fill in the seam of the area that the arrow is pointing to...it was a rather noticeable problem. Aoshimas part fit right in, with NO modifications, or unsightly seam.

-Photo 9-11; These vents are actually EXCEPTIONALLY nice!!  They fit in way easier than Aoshima's, and if you dont want to use PE mesh, these WILL still look totally real! Having built a couple of the Aoshima ones, and adding the PE mesh with SB details behind them, you have to look VERY hard to see through them, so its not really necessary to use the PE vents. Going by the kit parts, Fujimi wins when it comes to the detail, and fit of these vents....Aoshimas plastic vents are molded in smooth, clear plastic, and you have to apply a decal for the mesh pattern....NOT realistic in the slightest.

-Photo 12; The doors, and windows in both kits are about the same, but Fujimis has deeper, more realistic door handle detail.

-Photo 13; Both kits have pretty nice wipers as far as detail, and fit.

-Photo 14; Both kits have decent vents, But Fujimis side vent has a separate trim piece which is nice if you dont want to mask it like you have to on the Aoshima version. The inside of the rocker vent just behind the front tyres, is a separate piece with the Fujimi kit, and is easier to attach mesh to.

-Photo 15; This here is a no-brainer....Aoshima has SUPERIOR tailights by FAR!!!.....i'm not looking forward to doing these Fujimi ones....they arent good.

-Photo 16; These have to be some of the nicest mirror lenses!....i usually have to strip them on ANY kit, and use chrome sticker as a replacement. Cant remember how Aoshimas were.

-Photo 17; The exhaust tips in both kits are pretty close to the same, but the inside detail of the Fujimi one is a bit better....sharper.

-Photo 18; This is the PE set that comes in the kit...i WONT be using it, as i'm using the plastic vents.

-Photo 19; ...these are all the decals, and seat belt bits that came with the kit, and or the Hobby Design sets.

-Photo 20; I basically only got these sets for a few parts.....WONT use most of them. 

download.jpg

images.jpg

DSCF9078.JPG

DSCF9079.JPG

DSCF9080.JPG

DSCF9084.JPG

DSCF9085.JPG

DSCF9086.JPG

DSCF9087.JPG

DSCF9088.JPG

DSCF9089.JPG

DSCF9101.JPG

DSCF9102.JPG

DSCF9103.JPG

DSCF9104.JPG

DSCF9106.JPG

DSCF9107.JPG

DSCF9110.JPG

DSCF9111.JPG

DSCF9112.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

1 hour ago, DiscoRover007 said:

Very interested to see this build. I've been wanting to buy the Aoshima Aventadator Roadster. Curious to see how this compares. Really want  ZoomOn of Hobby Design to make an updated front bumper for these kits though, the new ones look a lot better.

I have the Aoshima Roadster on the way myself. I dont know much about zoomon...

13 hours ago, Nonlocality said:

Looks to be another awesome, and well researched, build. Love the quality, and preciseness, of all the detail in your builds, Dann. Will definitely be following this one, as the Aventador Miura homage is one of my favorite new Lamborghinis.  Cheers

Thank you very much, Arturo!....glad to have you follow along!!

1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

I do like the looks of this car. I've had the itch to build something more modern in the auto world (as well as in the aviation world) lately. Will be following along to see where you take this one.

Thanks for checking it out, bud!.....to me, the Aventador is Lamborghinis last TRUELY beautiful design.

Heres a couple more comparisons pertaining to the body parts...

-Photo 1; These are the fujimi door hinges. They are not functional...you either glue them open with these bits, or glue them shut without them. For me, I like to temperarily glue the doors open in kits like these with my canopy glue, take the photos, then glue the doors shut, and finish taking photos. Aoshimas doors are fully functional with the use of wire, but you may have to manipulate the metal to get it to work properly -they can be fussy.

-Photo 2; Heres something that baffled me about this kit. There are so many OPEN vents on this kit....why the heck didnt they leave this one open too? If memory serves me right, Aoshimas is molded open.

-Photo 3; The windsheild valance is molded in on the Fujimi kit, where as its a separate piece on the Aoshima kit. Neither one really bothers me....most kits has this part already molded in.

-Photo 4; Fujimi decided to make a depression for the third brake light for a decal light to rest in. Aoshima provides a decal as well, without the depression.

DSCF9105.JPG

DSCF9115.JPG

DSCF9116.JPG

DSCF9118.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Fully expecting another Dann-quality build here. 

And it's great to see a direct comparison between kits. I daresay this will help a few people wondering which kit to buy.

:)

Thanks, bud!!, i hope it does help people. I do wish i had an unbuilt Aoshima kit that i could compare side by side....i will just have to keep giving my honost opinion.

Heres my opinion on the interior parts...

-Photo 1; The interior tubs are pretty equal in quality, but Fujimi too the easy way out, and molded in the freaking foot peddles...Aoshima has them as a nicely done separate part.

-Photo 2; Beware when test fitting the interior tub on the chassis...the pis stick VERY tightly , and may break off. Aoshima utilizes the more common pin contact points.

-Photo 3; Fujimis seats are okay, but Aoshimas are better for a couple reasons...Aoshima has a separate piece for the backs of the headrests, and they also have the extra detail of the female part of the seat buckles.

-Photo 4&5; Although Fujimis dash is nicely, crisply detailed, Aoshima wins here.To make kolor choices easier since theirs comes in two pieces. Its also better because it has a clear lense for the guages...Fujimi only has a nicelt done decal.

-Photo 6; The steering wheel bits are very nice in both kits, but if you want to use the plastic paddles, Fujimis are already more realistically thin.

-Photo 7; Fujimi wins the center column. Detail painting is waaaay easier like this, and oddly enough, it also has crisper details than Aoshima.

-Photo 8; ...fits Perf!

-Photo 9;Its like a tennis match with these two kits!....Aoshima wins the door card match...it has Great details, separate door pulls, and speakers. I can kinda understand the molded in pulls -most kits are molded in, but where the heck are the speakers??!!! -now i gotta do their job for'em again.

DSCF9073.JPG

DSCF9091.JPG

DSCF9094.JPG

DSCF9092.JPG

DSCF9093.JPG

DSCF9096.JPG

DSCF9099.JPG

DSCF9100.JPG

DSCF9098.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Chassis/suspension time!

-Photo 1&2; Here is the chassis with all the bits that i pre-assembled. I really dont know why kits are made to have rolling wheels. I dont play with mine, and i sure as heck dont want it mobile to roll around and get broke. I ALWAYS glue mine still. I dont know why, but i think its a neat idea that Fujimi made the calipers in two parts....not really a big deal though. Aoshimas chassis/suspension parts are just as nicely done as Fujimis. The main difference between the two is that Aoshimas kit has the front, and rear splitters as separate parts.

-Photo 3&4; This top bit was a separate bit....just needs the seam to be filled 

-Photo 5; Here is all you get for the engine....with the cross bar. Since i already have a VERY detailed Aoshima engine, and that the rear windows are black on this version, i will NOT be doing anything with it on this build. Aoshimas engine bay is FAR superior to this one. It has a VERY nice....what i call a 3/4 engine. It can be detailed to look pretty darn realistic. 

-Photo 6; Here are the last bits to the suspension...I do think that the brakes, and rotors from Fujimi are waaay better than Aoshimas in this case.

DSCF9069.JPG

DSCF9070.JPG

DSCF9071.JPG

DSCF9072.JPG

DSCF9083.JPG

DSCF9108.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

I really like the Aoshima kits I've built in the past.   THey are only company doing Honda 600 Shadow motorcycles - it's the Steed 400 in the home market, but same motorcycle.  I built a few of those when I owned a 600 Shadow.  And weren't they the company making the American Satco trucks?  Pathfinder and 4 runner? 

On 12/12/2019 at 5:38 AM, Pete75 said:

Interesting to see the differences between Fujimi & Aoshima Aventadors. Look forward to watching ?

Thanks, Pete!, i thought so too. I found it VERY curious as to why there were still so many people building the Fujimi kit, when Aoshimas is THE best kit for it. I guess i comes down to what kind of build you want, and or what things about a build are important to you. Not everybody strives for realism...some just want a clean, decent representation of a certain car. Since i already have a SUPER detailed Aoshima version, i am happy with this one as a REALLY nice curb side build. I would however say that THE most disappointing bit of the kit that i'm i'm having an EXTREMELY hard time accepting, are those TERRIBLE tailights....there isnt one bit of them thats realistic.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:16 AM, randyc said:

I really like the Aoshima kits I've built in the past.   THey are only company doing Honda 600 Shadow motorcycles - it's the Steed 400 in the home market, but same motorcycle.  I built a few of those when I owned a 600 Shadow.  And weren't they the company making the American Satco trucks?  Pathfinder and 4 runner? 

For the most part they are my first go-to these guys have REALLY given Tamiya, and Fujimi a run for their money!  I'm not sure about the Satco trucks, but they do make some other GREAT truck kits!...i've built a few.