Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Aventador Miura edition

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, i have an interior update here; this is where its at now...i'm finishing up all the masking, and spraying of the main kolors before doing anything else. After a quick look at my references, i will be able to finish things off.I've been painting multiple kits these last few days, so that i dont have to klean the model room as much, lol.

-Photo 1-3; These are photos of how i want mine to look -mostly....obviously not the same kolor, lol.

-Photo 4; I used Krylon paint for the main kolor, but couldnt remember which paint i had was compatible, so i masked off a couple hidden spots, and did the test right on the interior tub part. On the left, i used Duplicolor black primer, and on the right, is Tamiya flat black.

-Photo 5; Duplicolor worked PERF!!!, but Tamiya.....

-Photo 6; ...didnt -it crinkled. Good news; Duplicolor works...AND it looks like i've found a great way to replicate vinyl roofs on cars!!!

-Photo 7; Its balancing out pretty good...i REALLY fought with not filling the back of the headrests, even though i was always going to limo-tint the windows, but i forced myself. I'm also forcing myself to leave the molded in foot peddles to see what i can do to still make them look pretty realistic. I think that since this build was all about comparing it to Aoshimas, and the fact that i already have a Super detailed one built, it helped me be able to let things "be" a bit.

2017-Lamborghini-Aventador-Miura-Homage-Interior-Dashboard_d.jpg

download (2).jpg

2017-Lamborghini-Aventador-Miura-Homage-Interior-Seats_d.jpg

DSCF9422.JPG

DSCF9424.JPG

DSCF9425.JPG

DSCF9427.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Looking Great Dann! Love the interior colors.  Shame about the Tamiya mishap over the Krylon. But it does look really good for future vinyl top use. I used 3M Spray adhesive for scrap booking on a Monte Carlo vinyl top before. Trick is to hold it about 3 feet away and mist it over it. Then you are ready to spray your Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black over that. Have a look and see what you think for future tips with vinyl roofs.

monte carlo 5.jpg

monte carlo 7.JPG

10 hours ago, lghtngyello03 said:

Looking Great Dann! Love the interior colors.  Shame about the Tamiya mishap over the Krylon. But it does look really good for future vinyl top use. I used 3M Spray adhesive for scrap booking on a Monte Carlo vinyl top before. Trick is to hold it about 3 feet away and mist it over it. Then you are ready to spray your Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black over that. Have a look and see what you think for future tips with vinyl roofs.

monte carlo 5.jpg

monte carlo 7.JPG

That looks pretty good as well!!...NICE engine bay as well!!!

Been running into issues with this build now. 1) for some reason the black paint on ONLY the doors, kept krazing....they are fixed now. 2) While masking to paint the gold on the passenger side, the side panel/vent, broke. I reattached it....it broke again. This was one of the issues i pointed out with the kit from the begining. I decided to flow canopy glue into the joint from behind, and now its drying. Next will be fine sanding, and clear coat.

-Photo; The second time it broke, it took a little chip of paint with it....i will also obviously fix that first. I couldnt figure out a way to do the "50" on the tail of the Miura, so i decided the "Miura" was close enough for government work. Whens the last time i ever built replica stock anyway...LOL

DSCF9433.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

• 2 months later...

Hey, everyone!, looks like i can post photos at the moment...i've been testing the computer off and on, and Tina got it working, so hopefully it will stay that way  -God willing! Now, time for business!

-Photo 1-3;  Here is my completed interior, since the windows will be Limo tinted, i forced myself to not bother with filling the backs of the headrests, and i didnt want any silber in this interior.

-Photo 4; I cut slits for the seat belts...a bit too much of a curve, but i'm alright with it.

-Photo 5; Oddly, this kit has no door speakers -i dont know of ANY Aventador that doesnt have them...I'm trying build this kit without changing/modifying it as much as possible, which is VERY hard for me, and i almost gave in a couple times, lol.

-Photo 6;These spots need to be painted trim kolor, because if you dont...

-Photo 7; ...your interior kolor will show through a gap between the glass, and door skin -NOT realistic.

DSCF9542.JPG

DSCF9543.JPG

DSCF9545.JPG

DSCF9544.JPG

DSCF9548.JPG

DSCF9550.JPG

DSCF9553.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

(ABOVE PHOTOS)

-Photo 1; Speaking of gaps...there is NO contact between the door glass, and surrounding trim...i did not fix this because i told myself it looks like the window is cracked for a smoker, which is realistic still.

-Photo 2; As far as the crispness in the detail goes, as well as the fitment, Fujimis headlamp assemblies are better than Aoshimas, BUT you have to try to paint a convincing headlamp, whereas Aoshima gives you clear bits for them. The usual Me woulda drilled them out, and put clear bits in. I did a decent job of it i think, with a three step process; 1;paint lights silver, or chrome, 2;mix one part white, with two parts gloss clear, and do a coat. then, 3;paint straight gloss clear, and it looks pretty decent. I also use this technique for painting reverse lights.

-Photo 3; The rear mesh is all painted, but when i pulled the masking off, it took the middle out of my decal....even though it was cleared!...i took the rest of it off, and put a new one on.

FINAL THOUGHTS; Having already built Aoshimas version, i can honostly say that no matter what Fujimi did better, if you want a VERY nice, detailed replication of this car, with minimal scratch building(SB), then Aoshima is the one for you, BUT if you arent concerned about the real factory look, then this Fujimi kit will meet your needs perfectly...its a nice, fun build, and the only real thing that lets it down, is the lack of realistic details in the interior i.e.; no door speakers, no door controls, no hand brake, and lastly... no leather rear window trim.