Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi!

I moved away from any plastic type of containers/stands, because under certain weather conditions or humidity ratio, they will conduct electricity, and static then pulls-in all the dust floating around. 

Wine bottles (glass) with long necks and twist caps (not cork) are ideal: a looped piece of duct tape holds the undersdide of bodies/parts solidly, the glass creates no static charge due to air friction against the styrene body (even when using Tamya's lacquers), and their weight makes them very stable. 

I usually store the bottles and painted parts under a wooden shelf during drying time. The long bottles put the bodies just under the shelf, which means virtually no dust will settle on the wet paint during curing time. 

Good luck with your projects!

I epoxied my tamiya paint stands so they don't fall apart, found out the hard way they came apart.

I went to my LHS the other day and  got a free Testers model master paint rack ,been looking for one for a long time !

2 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I went to my LHS the other day and  got a free Testers model master paint rack ,been looking for one for a long time !

That is so neat. Great addition for the model room...

3 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

You actually have an LHS? You are among the lucky few! Keep patronizing them, or else they'll go out of business.