Model Cars Magazine Forum

2CV Weekender

Reuhkapelti2

Revell 1:24 Citroen 2CV Charleston. That's my new project, while my other piece of work (De Tomaso Longchamp) is waiting to be finished. 

This poor Citroen will suffer some major surgery and a light camper will follow it. Evergreen plastic rules! 

IMG_20191210_195721.jpg

IMG_20191210_200024.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

Thanks Dann!!!

Today the camper got the roof installed and the second wheel is done also. I brushed Humbrol paint on it, and I want it to look used and sun burned(the camper I mean, not the wheel...) It should be straight and clean, but have a home made look on it. Like the owner has manufactured it  himself after a 40 years of working period as a scientist in a french nuclear power plant. 

The towing Citroen lost her roof. I will try to make the body shorter, but it's quite tricky to figure out where to cut the chassis. This Revell kit has lots of parts, and the chassis is very detailed too. I don't want to delete any important parts. 

IMG_20191211_203625.jpg

IMG_20191211_163841.jpg

IMG_20191211_203700.jpg

IMG_20191211_203726.jpg

IMG_20191211_203757.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

Oh yeah thanks David, this is so fun project for me. 

This is the camping gear storage. Or there might be a wine cooler and an oven to bake crispy baguettes for breakfast.

Anyway the rear area is now done, and I can focus putting the rest of the car together. I must say, this Revell kit has a lot of parts. One could imagine, that a Citroen 2CV is a very complicated vehicle. 

IMG_20191213_111953.jpg

IMG_20191213_112023.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

Thanks Dann I'm excited too. This Citroen combo is so fun to build. 

Today Citroen got same paint as the camper did. I will paint them as they were in good condition, but the paint can be matte. The body modifications and painting were made by the nuclear professor himself. Just because he could. 

IMG_20191214_163841.jpg

3 hours ago, heyjohnxx said:

One comment though. Shouldn't the trailer axle be further back. It looks like it would be unstable to tow.

You may got that right. I take my photos with my phone and the lense somewhat twists objects. The axle could be further back, like those U-Haul trailers you have in the USA. I think I measured it to be excact in the middle of the camper, but it looks in the photo too far in front. I'm not too happy about the whole suspension either. It may be changed somehow, if I get an idea. 

36 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Loving this!!!

Dann you are too kind! 

Yeah it needs the twin windshield. There it was already, but after spinning the model round and round, half of it got ripped off. Grrrrr there goes the other half too. 

Edit. Thanks Dann and Gerald! Now this combo is finished and can be seen Under Glass. 

Edited by Reuhkapelti2