Model Cars Magazine Forum

Su Tissue of Suburban Lawns - a kit-mash incedent

17 hours ago, RancheroSteve said:

Yes, in Los Angeles - some warehouse type space in the what's now called the Arts District.

No shortage of those back in the day!  A writer at the L.A. Times once mentioned those joints where "you go to the bathroom, wading ankle-deep thru what you hope is water."   I went to a place like that one night to hear some musicians that usually backed up Frank Zappa.  We were kind of irked at having to sit thru goopy love songs by the opening act, some guy nobody had ever heard of.  His name was Richard Marx.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, Mike999 said:

No shortage of those back in the day!  A writer at the L.A. Times once mentioned those joints where "you go to the bathroom, wading ankle-deep thru what you hope is water."   I went to a place like that one night to hear some musicians that usually backed up Frank Zappa.  We were kind of irked at having to sit thru goopy love songs by the opening act, some guy nobody had ever heard of.  His name was Richard Marx.

Great historical info!

On 12/12/2019 at 8:44 PM, RancheroSteve said:

Ahh, so I have to correct myself a little. I went and pulled out some old datebooks; turns out I saw them in February of 1981. I'm not quite that hip after all. ?

'81 ok still cool you saw them live.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:42 PM, RancheroSteve said:

Very clever combination of parts! And right - they didn't have cordless mikes back then.

Thanks for the compliment.

11 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Now I'm really impressed!  I thought that was maybe a resin garage kit in a much bigger scale. Not 1/35 scale parts Frankensteined together.  

Thank you. Glad you like it.

4 hours ago, ryanm said:

That’s really cool I still have a crush on her 

Cool thanks. LOL