Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tweaking Tamiyas Countach

Dann Tier

Interior time!

-Photo 1; I didnt really wanna use decals for the guages, so i decided to use kolored pencils to detail them, then added clear gloss as the lenses....looks better in person. I got the seat buckles from a Fujimi Countach kit.

-Photo 2; Painted the vents semi-gloss clear...the seam i added a

cross the top added some more realism.

-Photo 3&4; Something new i've been doing lately, is to kolor the ends of the buckles. I tried paint before, but it easily came off, so thats when i had the good idea to mix black acrylic paint with canopy glue -works Magic!!...dries fast, and has a slight height to it, that replicates the real thing quite well!

-Photo 5-10; Its all coming together!...door cards...seat belts...interior light...shifter...peddles...

-Photo 7; To hide the molded in door cards, i decided to paint the top edge of them with rubber.....now they are weather stripping.

-Photo 11; These coilovers will add a bit more visual interest to the back end, and help it to look a little less "battery kit like"...just need to add the bolt heads.

**I could have added a bit more to this build, but i've been feeling like i really just want it done, which is pretty rare for me to feel. I do think i still accomplished what i set out to do here, which was to just "tweak" the kit.

DSCF9762.JPG

DSCF9763.JPG

DSCF9765.JPG

DSCF9766.JPG

DSCF9769.JPG

DSCF9771.JPG

DSCF9772.JPG

DSCF9773.JPG

DSCF9776.JPG

DSCF9767.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, all thats left now is to detail the exhaust tips, and add the door mirrors!!....the shocks i added really hide that motorized look!

-I remember the turnsignal lenses fitting perfectly on this kit, but mine are arched too much towards the front, so i will either dig out an older pair that i have, or flow matt black canopy glue into the gap to help conceal it....either way, it will still look killer!!

DSCF9777.JPG

DSCF9778.JPG

DSCF9779.JPG

DSCF9780.JPG

DSCF9781.JPG

DSCF9783.JPG

DSCF9784.JPG

4 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Looks incredible well! Love the interior! Loos as real as a 1:1! Some black wash in to the exaust pipes maby?

Thank you, Bud!, that is one of the last things i needed to do....after i clear the mirrors today, it will be done!

2 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

These are beautiful cars to start with and you're doing a killer job of replicating one. These used to be my favorite cars in high school. Totally bad a$$!!!

Much appreciated, Bud!....its still my favorite car of all time!, lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 10:47 PM, CabDriver said:

Really enjoyed watching this come together - beautiful work Dann!

I'm glad you liked it, Bud!, it really is a pretty nice kit to build!, now if i can pull my finger out, and take photos of it.....

On 7/15/2020 at 6:02 AM, Funkychiken said:

Looking Good Dann, another one close to the finish line... Good tip mixing pva with acrylic on the buckles, and an excellent save on the flocking. My flocking Congress out similar to the one in your first image - I can blame the material now!

Thanks, Bud!!, i wouldnt have thought there was a difference in flocking, but i guess there is....i wont touch that brand again!