Model Cars Magazine Forum

SMP/AMT '60 Chevy Apache LB

From the time I built my '60 F-100, I wanted the Chevy to go with it. I finally scored a minty example. But, it had Modelhaus resin replacement chrome pieces that looked terrible. So, I snagged the grille, bumpers, turn signal pods, side view mirror, tail lights/housings and tail gate chains from the '90s issue. The biggest task with this model was getting all of the body lines straight and crisp. I ended up losing the door handles in the process. I also had to rework the wheel openings and add a strip of styrene to the tail gate. Under the hood, I added tubs to the inner fenderwells so I could lower the front where I wanted it. The engine is just a hodge podge of parts from the parts box with no details. Paint is Dupli Color Bright Red and clear. Interior is Champagne Gold and flat black. 

48866314196_373a732eeb_b.jpg

48865792418_6947a392bb_b.jpg

48866503237_6f215480b5_b.jpg

48866297381_0e0a38ec81_b.jpg

48866494617_4fbbc02a12_b.jpg

48866289851_969141bfe1_b.jpg

Thanx for checking it out! Any questions, just ask. 

Great looking pick up. Very nice paint finish. The white grill and bumpers really work on this and would have been more common than at that time than chrome. For a parts box engine it turned out very nice looking and I like the Corvette style air cleaner.