Model Cars Magazine Forum
redneckrigger

New Project....Barber-Greene Paver

Figured out what the next project will be.  It is going to be a Barber-Geeene paver.  Started gathering parts tonite. Of course, I started with the manuals!

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

Look forward to this project.  I have suggested to Revell and Italeri to offer a series of construction models of a Paver, Cold Planer and Roller.  

Dickie Toys of Germany offered very good 1/25 toys that could be scale models of these machines.

100_4236.jpg

Foto012.JPG

Great idea!  I only remember seeing them when I was a kid. By the mid-70s it seems Blaw Knox were taking over, and the tracked machines never gained traction here.  Haha see what I did there?

We had one of these where I used to work that was in the bone yard. We also had a couple of the Blaw Knox versions that got retired while I was there in favor of a brand new Cat model on rubber. Since I was able to find a good batch of manuals for it, figured I'd give it a go! If it turns out half as well as the crane did, I will be very pleased!

You sure aren't shy about tackling some interesting and different builds! Gonna watch this one like I did the crane, your skills are impressive.

I never worked on the paving crew so I don't have a solid knowledge of how these machines work. My only experience with them is repairing and refurbishing them. So......this project is going to be a HUGE learning experience! Started with the screed rear end support frames taken right from the parts book.  Main frame is partially done.  Big projects start out small!

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger

Stunning work already Tom ! Too bad you didnt stand by w a shovel for a few short day and enter this in the BRBO 2020  !! 

I'll be following along either way 

3 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Stunning work already Tom ! Too bad you didnt stand by w a shovel for a few short day and enter this in the BRBO 2020  !! 

I'll be following along either way 

I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in you know where of getting this done by August! This one is about ten times as complex as the crane I just finished..........it's gonna be a challenge! But I'll be following the BRBO and all the great work being done there!

Edited by redneckrigger

Lol I tweaked the rules too cause I forgot to include equipment  ! 

Looking forward to your updates , those manuals are invaluable for this kind of work

You're off to a great start!!  Looking forward to your building skills with this project.

7 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Lol I tweaked the rules too cause I forgot to include equipment  ! 

Looking forward to your updates , those manuals are invaluable for this kind of work

I may have waited if I saw the tweaked rules, but the fact remains, I'd never be done in 7 months! 

On 12/23/2019 at 8:30 PM, redneckrigger said:

I may have waited if I saw the tweaked rules, but the fact remains, I'd never be done in 7 months! 

No worries , we'll all be following along cheering for ya !!

Merry Christmas 

Edited by gotnitro?

Like the song.

Here We Go Again this is already looking like it's going to be a 100 yard game.

If your crane is any indication this will be really great build don't forgetting add the hand held diesel sprayers.

Got the left side crawler frame all put together tonight.  Lots of scrap armor parts and some Evergreen strip and a passing replica! 

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger

Looking the part really nice build going on.