Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Project....Barber-Greene Paver

We had one of these where I used to work that was in the bone yard. We also had a couple of the Blaw Knox versions that got retired while I was there in favor of a brand new Cat model on rubber. Since I was able to find a good batch of manuals for it, figured I'd give it a go! If it turns out half as well as the crane did, I will be very pleased!

I never worked on the paving crew so I don't have a solid knowledge of how these machines work. My only experience with them is repairing and refurbishing them. So......this project is going to be a HUGE learning experience! Started with the screed rear end support frames taken right from the parts book.  Main frame is partially done.  Big projects start out small!

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger

3 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Stunning work already Tom ! Too bad you didnt stand by w a shovel for a few short day and enter this in the BRBO 2020  !! 

I'll be following along either way 

I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in you know where of getting this done by August! This one is about ten times as complex as the crane I just finished..........it's gonna be a challenge! But I'll be following the BRBO and all the great work being done there!

Edited by redneckrigger

On 12/23/2019 at 8:30 PM, redneckrigger said:

I may have waited if I saw the tweaked rules, but the fact remains, I'd never be done in 7 months! 

No worries , we'll all be following along cheering for ya !!

Merry Christmas 

Edited by gotnitro?

• 3 weeks later...