Model Cars Magazine Forum

JoHan 1970 Javelin Funny Car Restoration

Drag Monster

I started restoration on this some time ago, several pieces were missing or damaged during the disassembly. Some of the parts were replaced by members of this board or replaced using a MPC  Dyno Don Cougar as a donor. This is the first JoHan Funny Car with this type of chassis I have built, it's a very finicky build. This is the progress so far.

IMG_8100.jpeg

IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8311.jpg

IMG_8413.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8520.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

Today, a friend called me because he had to move, and wanted to sell some old kits he had built over the years. Out of curiosity, I went, and lo and behold, there was a Johan Rumbler Javelin funny car! Complete, with the alternate parts to built it stock, custom or F/C, the last being the version he elected to do back then. The box was nice... BUT... mices found their way in the big box, and the stench was horrible. Had to junk the box (always sad with a JOHAN original), alas... 

I notice looking at your project that you have the scooped hood, much nicer than the standard issue on the Rumbler. The F/C version features a flat red rear stop "panel" in place of the standard unit. 

Good luck with the completion of your project!

CT

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...