Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 Cannonball Run Build Thread!

disconovaman

3 hours ago, KWT said:

The 2 I'm using are 1/25.

Oh ok. So this kit? and the 69... are there many differences?

I went back and checked out the movie car and just now realized it has hood stripes and trunk! not sure about the top... Killer machine though lol

1970mustangboss302-1.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-01-16-21h26m41s66~2.jpg

No actually I'm using the 69 body out of this 3 pack. Bought it 20+ yrs ago.

3pk.PNG.c8da6fb42638b33f98dfb38967dcb413.PNG

That other one I take it, is based on the 1/24 Monogram 70 Boss... and I honestly don't think I've ever seen one of those.

One slight difference between the movie and my take on it, is I plan on leaving the Mustang letters on the back... maybe...

Edited by KWT
finishing post

3 hours ago, KWT said:

I'm using the 69 body

That's great... I have an odd question for Revell though... If they already had a 69 mustang on the market... Why would they tool up another one? (yellow boxart) Which I beleive was an all new tool a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, I like that kit... I haven't built one yet but I do like it... It would've been easier to re-market the black one it seems...

On 8/10/2020 at 1:20 PM, disconovaman said:

Coming along nicely, Awesome paint work...

Thank ya much!

I'm hoping to keep rolling on this one. Afraid if I don't I won't finish... It don't think I've finished a CBR in a couple years.

2 hours ago, KWT said:

don't think I've finished a CBR in a couple years

I didn't enter last year's CBR "Vannonball" I had a good project idea (66 Cab forward Chevy panel van) but I never could get it started so I never announced it.  I think it would've been cool too. I do plan on building it some day...

I did enter the 6cyl CBR and it was alot of fun. 

I really need to get some traction on my Camaro soon.

Yes, the Green Hornet movie car is stellar! From where it was to how good it looks in such a short period of time is impressive...  Also it's one of the last ones announced so good job on that one...   

I guess we should see the thread picking up speed with the years end coming soon...It's been a rough ride in 2020...I can say for sure, I'll be glad to see it over.  But the show must go on! Lets get in the Driver's... err... Model building seats? and finish this years CBR strong!