Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 Cannonball Run Build Thread!

disconovaman

On 11/20/2020 at 11:00 AM, Lunajammer said:

65-Riviera-Final_LT5.jpg

I really like how this turned out... it looks like they just yanked the Buick engine and replaced it with the Vette engine in the same day...? like this is the actual car from the movie...so cool! I'm thinking this build could pass for the Drive Angry  movie car too... pulling double duty... just needs some bullet holes! ???

unnamed.jpg

2 hours ago, cheyenne93 said:

Well first off let me say happy ? day. Here is my cannon ball entry. The  Marked For Death Mustang. Hope I nailed it. Thanks for looking and comments always welcome.

That looks awesome Joel...better get it over to the starting line..pronto

(2020 FINISHED BUILDS)

Cheers

Love the Riviera and the Mustang.  

The Vanishing Point Challenger is going to perform a vanishing act. The interior modifications I made to the seats and dash came out great. The body on the other hand....

I will have to break loose the roof and reattach it.  It is lined up wrong and it just won't work. The hood also needs more work. I will put it on the shelf for awhile and come back to it. I want to join the next Cannonball but...

I've just finished perusing the finished build thread and I just gotta say how very impressed I am with this years field of racers. I've seen a few movie/TV car built offs before and it always seems that there are the "usual suspects" that people always lean toward. The General Lee, the Bandit TA, the Rubber Duck Mack, any Batmobile, KITT, etc.. I was real happy to see that none of those showed up. You guys continue to be some of the most imaginative, creative builders out there. Well done.

Now I just gotta figure out which one I'm voting for. ?

4 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

With mere hours to go it's pretty quiet around here

Yeah, I was hoping to see atleast  one more finished before tonight...  but I'm not gonna say which one? I've been watching the "Car Star" movies today in preparation for the final finish line builds. I love both Gumball and Cannonball, finished DMCL too, all classics!

I'm watching Two-Lane Blacktop now and I've got some observations... ?  the GTO was definitely the right color for the part, It seems every time he stopped he was picking up passengers ... The Taxi GTO... ?

He sure was the lyingest son-of-a- gun that ever tied shoes!???  Nothing funnier than a lying Taxi driver, right?  

I wanted to say to all the Cannonballers, even the ones that won't finish, I really enjoyed seeing the progress and all the builds come together!  Thanks to all for making it happen! Model builders find inspiration from everywhere... I'm always interested in what inspires others. These Cannonball Runs really do bring it out of us. 

With that said, I formally invite everyone to compete in the "21' Cannonball Ruse" coming soon to a Community Build Page near you! It's gonna be a good one!

16 hours ago, KWT said:

Maybe I can make next year's run. Model on!!

Please do... I know that we all get busy and have limited time to devote ourselves outside of real life... But when the ball gets rollin these CBRs are a nice outlet for me.

Your's and alot of member's builds were truly missed this year, but I hope everyone can rebound and come back next year, even stronger...

On 12/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, KWT said:

Guys everything is looking good. Unfortunately I haven't made any progress since my last post, which seems like forever ago. So I'm bowing out... Maybe I can make next year's run. Model on!!

For you and others who didn't finish, if somewhere down the road you get the momentum to finish, please come back to this thread and give it a finishing send off. Even if it's two or three years later, they're still fun look back on and to see the finished products in context with the builds and the conversations about them.

At this time, I would like to announce the Winner of The Movie, T.V., & Film Cannonball Run of 2020...Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. 379Peterbilt!  Exceptional build and Great job!

OldMopars is the winner of this years Cannonball. Thanks to Mike for taking care of the Poll.

And thanks to everyone for participating and keeping the Cannonball going. 

Also a thanks for all the nice comments to me for my first time officiating the Cannonball Run Community build, Thanks to Jantrix for the inspiration and for starting all this! See you all in the next Cannonball! 

IMG_1087.jpg.197af0388acd7f131874028b7672120b.jpg

Leading from the start, Oldmopars barreled past the nimble contenders and never stopped. With a full 25-percent of the votes, he finished well enough ahead of the pack that he had time to change into a fresh shirt, empty his pee bottle and sip a lovely beverage with a bamboo umbrella. Mind you, he is the defending champion, garnering two wins in a row.

Crossing the finish line in a tit-for-tat all out drag, Belugawrx in his "Gumball Rally" Cobra and 89AKurt in his "Thomas Crown Affair" Ferrari 275 tied for second, with 12-percent of the vote for each.

Big thanks to Anthony (disconovaman) for keeping this thread engaged this year.

128648341_CannonballRunWinner2020_Hollywood.jpg.e3d12b2a0e2cbb653a8792f7ae1e1d74.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer