Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 Cannonball Run Build Thread!

disconovaman

5 minutes ago, cheyenne93 said:

Got the black on the Mach

Wow that looks Great! I'm glad to see how well it's progressing... isn't it cool that we can immortalize these film cars?... the car from the movie meets a tragic end if I remember cocorrectly... Nice choice too... this is the coolest Mustang. 

On 4/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, Lunajammer said:

My Road House Riv is in peril.

I used to have a home computer station. When I went to a laptop, the computer desk became my model bench. Now I've had to clear out the models to make it a computer desk again as I prepare to bring my work station home and do my company work there. Thanks Mr. Covid-19.

Battery dead on my camera, but I had an unexpectedly productive Cannonball evening. I'm working back at the office and my model bench is open again. After a long stretch of low modeling desire, I pulled out my paints, did a little bit, then a little more, and before long there's light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to get some new pics and get this buttoned up soon.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:23 AM, Lunajammer said:

hope to get some new pics

I went back and re-read the whole thread and I certainly seen alot of projects I was hoping to see finished at the end and yours is definitely one of those...

Hello Cannonballers... Here is Lane Myer's "Automotive Cocoon" the 67 Camaro SS that finally emerges near the end of Better Off Dead. This kit came together very simply (my first time building it) I'm happy with the results ? It was a fun build! I'll have more photos in the finished section...Thanks agian for the opportunity to look after the Cannonball Run. I look forward to Next year's run...I'm hopeful that it will be even better!

20201111_194650.jpg

2 hours ago, disconovaman said:

I went back and re-read the whole thread and I certainly seen alot of projects I was hoping to see finished at the end and yours is definitely one of those...

Hello Cannonballers... Here is Lane Myer's "Automotive Cocoon" the 67 Camaro SS that finally emerges near the end of Better Off Dead. This kit came together very simply (my first time building it) I'm happy with the results ? It was a fun build! I'll have more photos in the finished section...Thanks agian for the opportunity to look after the Cannonball Run. I look forward to Next year's run...I'm hopeful that it will be even better!

20201111_194650.jpg

That looks very good.

Edited by Fat Brian

4 hours ago, disconovaman said:

20201111_194650.jpg

She's a beauty - great chrome work. And thank you for running this thing; it's my first group build and I've loved it! ?

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!  This has been one of the most rewarding things I've done this year. I'm pleased with the amount of participation we've had. I have to thank Jantrix for starting this 14 years ago and all the past Cannonball events for inspiration. I'm excited to get next year's CBR goin already!

Thanks again for the support 

14 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

Hmm. Somethings missing.

Heh-heh, touche' ?.   

But that's a good pic anyway, because it shows the steel rims, which is the time version I'm building. Earlier in the flick the ralleye rimmed tires got slashed and were replaced with the steelies that Dalton (Swayze) picked up here...

3.886.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

1 hour ago, Pete75 said:

Put me down as a finisher.

That looks fantastic!  Don't forget to post over in the finished section with a description of how it was built and all the details.

Thanks for the support, hope to see you in the next CBR... Your build truly is well thought out and might I say the competition so far is the most competitive than any Cannonball Run that I can remember... No clear winner!

Well folks, it's last call at the Double Deuce and Jeff Healy is off to that great blues fest in the sky. Dalton's 65 "Road House" Riviera is ready to head to California.

This was probably the most relaxing model I've built in years. Fitting the LT5 into it was an easy upgrade that any novice could enjoy. Steel rims were home cast resin with parts box tires. Some light wash in select areas and a little pastel dust and bingo!

65-Riviera-Final_RtFront.jpg

65-Riviera-Final_LeftRear.jpg

65-Riviera-Final_LT5.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

1 hour ago, Lunajammer said:

Double Deuce and Ted Healy

Didn't that place burn down? ??

I actually met Jeff Healy at the Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center (School for the Def and Blind) in 1990. He was visiting a friend...  he was quiet and soft spoken. Awesome personality and a Hellava blues musician. My favorite song is Hideaway...

https://www.google.com/search?q=hideaway+jeff+healey&oq=&aqs=chrome.1.35i39i362l5...5.-1j0j7&client=ms-android-sprint-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

Great build on the Buick...  It looks like you snatched it from the Roadhouse movie set! The weathering is perfect!

Edited by disconovaman

7 minutes ago, Lunajammer said:

Jeff Healy played at our city blues fest twice

Oh, I would've loved to have seen him live...I hadn't really ever heard  anything from him other than Angel eyes... After the meeting, I rushed out and bought all his music... been a fan ever since.

I just wanted to say folks, that the finished builds are Spectacular so far! And I love how each build has specific details that tie the car to the movie... like for example that CB antenna on the DMCL Charger it's spot on! Or how bout the green headlights on the Black Beauty?!?! Or the licence plate on the Lotus! Of course some builds are just instantly recognizable. I'm real glad I went with the ski rack now for sure.?

Anyway we're counting down til the end, and I hope we'll see more finished builds... the holidays are approaching so you guys can tie up some loose ends and get to the finish line! See ya there!