Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo-Han Maverick-Dyno Don's Ride

mustang1989

47 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I shouldn't talk. I've been a member here for five years now (unbelievably), and have yet to finish even one car model. Pathetic.

Don't sweat it bro.

Working on the rest of the interior now. I didn't like the OOB door panels ………………..at ALL. First off , the OOB armrest and inside door latch handle were barely visible.  No "Maverick" trim bezel was present at the top of the trim panel either. Being a car than only sees the track....it's not SUPPOSED to have a window crank handle either....BUT...it was molded in and I decided to install a PE handle and knob from the spares bin. The armrest was made out of spare resin parts block retainers that I had, the door latch handles were made out of square bits of PE that I bent and glued into place and the trim bezel was from extra window crank knobs that I had in stock.

Interior in the foreground is OOB with the one I'm using in the back ground.....

spacer.png

On 4/21/2020 at 3:55 AM, 1320 said:

Loving the detail, man that shifter is off the hook! Very cool.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I seem to be making some fair progress on the interior now that I got the major detail work out of the way. Hopefully I can get the flooring installed and the seat & seatbelts under way soon.

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, Scott8950 said:

The interior is looking great!!! I can't wait to see it finished. Seems we share a thing for 89 mustangs ? thats what the 8950 in my user name is 89 5.0 ?

Thanks Scott! I do miss my 89 sometimes. I mean …..my truck is fun and all now that I got rid of the 350 and replaced it with a warmed over 383, beefed up 4L60E trans with a  2200 rpm stall converter and 3:90 gears out back but it just aint the same as a car. May do some more mods to the truck to get more power out of it. 

On 4/24/2020 at 9:25 AM, GoatGuy said:

Joe, a great job. The paint turned out really good. I started putting together one of those Liberty shifters and also found it to be a challenge, but overall a good PE kit. Can't wait to see more of the engine.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I've been off of this now for a good month and a half (built a 1998 Trans Am out of box just to get something built for cryin' out loud...lol) and am looking forward to diving back into this one now.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:42 PM, Mike Williams said:

That's a nice improvement Joe, along with the sensational shifter and equally well done dash and pedals , small things like this really add up.  I like this.

Mike..

'Preciate it Mike. This one's been a pretty hefty project for me and am really fired up about getting back to it.

To expand a little on what I wrote in my last response , I took a small break from this one because it was moving SLOW. I ended up building a Revell 1998 Ram Air Trans Am out of the box with no mods just to get a build across the finish line. That's all done now and in the Model Cars Under Glass Section and I'm now back and focusing my efforts on this car. Hang tight gang.....we'll be starting back up on this one in a day or so.

33 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Scott! I do miss my 89 sometimes. I mean …..my truck is fun and all now that I got rid of the 350 and replaced it with a warmed over 383, beefed up 4L60E trans with a  2200 rpm stall converter and 3:90 gears out back but it just aint the same as a car. May do some more mods to the truck to get more power out of it. 

Gotta love those mustangs, i recently picked this up and have taken on another project ? I'll post better pictures after i move it into my shop. 

20200607_181938.jpg

On 6/29/2020 at 12:56 PM, Scott8950 said:

Gotta love those mustangs, i recently picked this up and have taken on another project ? I'll post better pictures after i move it into my shop. 

20200607_181938.jpg

I still have my '91 parked in the garage..... ??

Edited by Deuces ll

On 6/30/2020 at 9:15 PM, Deuces ll said:

I still have my '91 parked in the garage..... ??

I really miss hot rodding with cars. I've got my truck and all and it's a lot of fun but there aint nuthin' like a good ol car.

Warmed over 383 replaced the stock 350, still TBI injected with 454 fuel injectors atop a 4 barrel intake nicely nestled in a modified 680 cfm throttle body, nice cam and Vortec heads, toughened up 4L60E with 2200 rpm stall converter and a set of 3.90 gears with a locker out back. With the custom chip I took it from a stock 3200 rpm  to a 5200 rpm redline. Fun truck.

PyOFPk.jpg

qT0xxh.png

n2t8P1.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

Well gang....I made some progress on this thing this weekend. Managed to get the seat drilled and slotted to make way for the seat belt harness. The harness build up wasn't too bad outside of me not paying attention to what I was doing at times and having to go back and make some corrections along the way. This is not the period correct harness I was hoping to build but the correct one is actually harder than the Liberty shifter that I just built for this car. I'm not about to go through anything like that again on this build. lol 

SelFB8.jpg