Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima's Lamborghini Countach QV 5000

Dann Tier

As i am doing with my Fujimi Aventador, this too i will compare part by part, which kit is better -Aoshima, or Fujimi. I've built 15 Fujimi Countach's in my time, and i actually like this kit waaaay better for the reasons you will learn. I'm not concerned about undercarriage detail, but everything else WILL be uber detailed!

-Photo 2; This is how mine will hopefully look when done......i'm usually heck with white -my nemesis.

-Photo 3; Heres the start of the undercarriage parts...All the Sharpie marks are molded-in hoses, and pipes that i will be grinding away.Fujimi wins in the engine compartment detail...they have a complete engine/ suspension. However, Aoshima added just enough clever design details, that done the right way, this engine bay will still look very realistic!

-Photo 4; Aoshimas distributor totally wins over Fujimi!....it comes pre-drilled!!...anybody whose tried to wire up a V12 distributor will REALLY appreciate this!

-Photo 5; The details of the engine bits are very crisp, but.....

-Photo 6; ....in order to seat the intake all the way down, this area on BOTH sides needs to be cut back. If you dont, this part will hit the valve covers, which can cause the hood to NOT close all the way.

-Photo 7; The side on the left is properly adjusted....see how horrible the right side looks.

-Photo 8; see?...the clearance is perfect now(right side now).

-Photo 9; Aoshima wins here as well....pre-drilled valve covers -Nice!!

-Photo 10; Both kits are about the same with these bits. The shocks both have their own different details, but are equal to me.

-Photo 11&12; I had already pre-assembled these undercarriage bits, and primered them black. It has the usual detail of front suspension bits, but a simplified rear suspension area. The lower half of the engine, and tranny are a separate part. As you can see, they are still pretty nice, but as stated before, Fujimi wins over this. Aoshima has the two tow loops in the front....Fujimi doesnt.

-Photo 13; After all the other bits are attached, it will look pretty believable.

-Photo 14; These tyres, and wheels are waaay better than Fujimis, which are undersized, and too narrow. Aoshimas wheels are far cleaner too.

download (1).jpg

0000377lamborghini-750x500.jpg

DSCF9178.JPG

DSCF9179.JPG

DSCF9180.JPG

DSCF9181.JPG

DSCF9182.JPG

DSCF9183.JPG

DSCF9184.JPG

DSCF9185.JPG

DSCF9186.JPG

DSCF9187.JPG

DSCF9188.JPG

DSCF9189.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Looks pretty nice, I've only had Fujimi and Tamiya Countach's. Wheel wells look better,  I'm still a narrow body/periscopo guy, but 80's has to have flares. Watching another comparo, strong work sir. Toss some pearl in that white, it's prototypic. Maybe silver wheels though? That's a LOT of white lol.

Dann...thanks for this comparison. I don't have any of the Aoshima Countach's, but have done a couple of the Fujimi. I really like the Fujimi Enthusiast series and have just about every kit they have made, including all the Countach's. In particular I like the way Fujimi doors open and fit. I have two done.  The rest of them are in a state of build with bodies done. I might consider an Aoshima after this.

Yuda Mann

On 12/19/2019 at 1:03 AM, DukeE said:

Looks pretty nice, I've only had Fujimi and Tamiya Countach's. Wheel wells look better,  I'm still a narrow body/periscopo guy, but 80's has to have flares. Watching another comparo, strong work sir. Toss some pearl in that white, it's prototypic. Maybe silver wheels though? That's a LOT of white lol.

Thanks, bud!sorry, cant stand white pearl, and those white wheels are one of my most favorite bits about the car. The body in this kit, and quite possibly more, is more accurate in this kit since it was 3D scanned -Fujimis wasnt.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:23 AM, Rich Chernosky said:

Dann...thanks for this comparison. I don't have any of the Aoshima Countach's, but have done a couple of the Fujimi. I really like the Fujimi Enthusiast series and have just about every kit they have made, including all the Countach's. In particular I like the way Fujimi doors open and fit. I have two done.  The rest of them are in a state of build with bodies done. I might consider an Aoshima after this.

Yuda Mann

No problem, bud!, i love the way the doors are hinged too, my problem is with the nasty glass thats in the kit -including the door windows....they cant be polished out, and they are just rubbish. I LOVE enthusiast kits, and i.ve built 16 of their Countach kits, but they were the best then.....not anymore. Still love the kits though -have a 25TH Anniversary to do still.

Hey, everyone!...its from here on that Aoshima knocks the wind out of fujimis Countach kits...

-Photo 1; Hands down, Aoshimas seats are FAR more realistic than Fujimis! Still, with a little bit of rounding, they can be made even better -on the left; sanded, but unaltered...right; rounded out, ready for paint.

-Photo 2; The details of this centercolumn are pretty equal with Fujimis -maybe a touch crisper. I like the fact that its a separate part here, it saves having to scribe a couple seams, an is easier to handle while detailing. Notice the difference betwwen the sides...i rounded the left side as it should be to replicate leather, and the one on the right is as it came -too squared.

-Photo 3&4; Apart from having a hollow under side to the steering column, Aoshimas column, and steering wheel are better. The detail is crisper, and there are far more subtle details/angles, that add alot of realism. Fujimis is done well, but generic looking compared to Aoshimas. I still need to drill-out the holes you see marked on the steering wheel.

-Photo 5; Hard to tell here, but Aoshimas peddles win. They have a fine texture to the pads, and the linkage arms have a more realistic contouring to them...Fujimis have NO texture, and the linkages are as flat...straight, and generic as you can get.

-Photo 6; These bits are no better...no worse than Fujimis, BUT Fujimi DOESNT include the passenger side foot rail.....which the Countach has -VERY nice touch!!!

-Photo 7; Aoshima totally wins in the dash board comparison!  A) the overall shape, and detail is crisper, and shaped better, b) i love the depth of the stereo detail!, and C) the three dash vents are FAR more detailed. The only thing i cant understand is why NOBODY molds the dash top into the two separate parts that they really are, so here you can see that i'm gonna fix that.

-Photo 8; Again, Aoshima totally wins with their interior tub!...it already has a rounded -padded look -Fujimis looks sharp, and rock hard. You wont get these speaker grills in any Fujimi kit, and the dash to fenderwell/carpet contact area is far more realistic with this Aoshima kit. Like usual with me, the lines show all the areas that i will scribe stitching seams.

-Photo 9; Seats all ready for paint!

-Photo 10; I need to scribe this part to show the different sections.

-Photo 11; These door cards are also FAR better than Fujimis!...They already look padded...have the door locks...have the mirror control toggle, and the trim bit that goes up the back edge. The only bit that Fujimi does better with this part, is that their door card is totally a separate part, and the door well is already open...that is easily fixed on the Aoshima part.

-Photo 12&13; The dash is all rounded-off ready to go!....when scribing stitching seams, i try not to make them too straight -these cars were hand made, and too straight of lines would dramatically kill the realism trying to be achieved.

DSCF9253.JPG

DSCF9255.JPG

DSCF9257.JPG

DSCF9258.JPG

DSCF9259.JPG

DSCF9260.JPG

DSCF9261.JPG

DSCF9262.JPG

DSCF9263.JPG

DSCF9264.JPG

DSCF9265.JPG

DSCF9266.JPG

DSCF9267.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

I love the Fujimi Countaches, and up till now, thought there's no point looking at the Aoshima kit. You've changed my mind on that Dann. I'm going to have to pick one of these up now.

Still love the uber detailed engine of the Enthusiast kit though!

13 hours ago, beeRS said:

I love the Fujimi Countaches, and up till now, thought there's no point looking at the Aoshima kit. You've changed my mind on that Dann. I'm going to have to pick one of these up now.

Still love the uber detailed engine of the Enthusiast kit though!

I was just like you, Bud....til i got one of these!....with every kit, we have to pick and choose what we can accept, and if one divides the kits into assemblies...i.e; Body, Interior, Chassis, engine, wheels&tyres, glass, and decals, Aoshima wins 5 out of 7...hands down! Cant beat the fujimis chassis, and engine, but in this build, i will show how Aoshimas 3/4 engine details is STILL acceptable, and very impressive!.....in fact, if someone wanted to do the work, you could put the Fujimi engine into the Aoshima chassis for THE ultimate Countach build!!......it fits...i've done it, but i dont feel the need to carry on with it.

4 hours ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Yup lol

I will be ordering at least 2 myself. Trying to amass a fleet of them in various configurations and colors.

Go get'em, bud!!....they are THE best now!!!, plus, Aoshima is the only company that makes the fuel injection version!......if you do get one, i'd suggest getting the one i'm featuring here, it has TONS of optional parts, and three different versions worth of body parts!!

21 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Go get'em, bud!!....they are THE best now!!!, plus, Aoshima is the only company that makes the fuel injection version!......if you do get one, i'd suggest getting the one i'm featuring here, it has TONS of optional parts, and three different versions worth of body parts!!

Definitely gonna gettem...  I've got the one you have already ordered.

I've got big plans for these cars and a few others.

Can't wait to see your progress on yours!

On 1/1/2020 at 10:46 PM, LL3 Model Worx said:

Definitely gonna gettem...  I've got the one you have already ordered.

I've got big plans for these cars and a few others.

Can't wait to see your progress on yours!

NICE!!!!....you wont be sorry, wait til you see it in person!!!!