Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1965 Pontiac Custom

RDean58

Well, it took me about 16 years to get this one done, but here it is. AMT 65 Pontiac 2+2 with the custom nose, tail, and interior from the AMT 65 Bonneville. I picked the 2+2 body because it had less stuff to sand off. I quickly found out the Bonneville custom body parts were not a straight swap onto this body. But with patience and lots of putty, I got them to fit. Painted Testors' Da Ja blue with wet look clear. Wheels are Pegasus low rider wheels while the tires are from the latest version of the AMT GP kit. Blower setup is from the AMT Pontiac GP kit while the custom seats, dash, and center console are from the Bonneville kit.

AMT_1965_Pontiac_Custom01_10.jpg

AMT_1965_Pontiac_Custom01_11.jpg

AMT_1965_Pontiac_Custom01_12.jpg

AMT_1965_Pontiac_Custom01_13.jpg

AMT_1965_Pontiac_Custom01_14.jpg

AMT_1965_Pontiac_Custom01_15.jpg

AMT_1965_Pontiac_Custom01_07.jpg

Thanks for looking and all comment are welcomed.

Well this one is different for sure, in a good way. Lots of work during a long time. Great colour, engine bay shines with blower and stuff. And the stance is perfect, nose proudly in the air. Maybe you could move those front seat more back, there would still be leg room enough for back seat travellers? 

Keep on modelling! 

3 hours ago, Reuhkapelti2 said:

Well this one is different for sure, in a good way. Lots of work during a long time. Great colour, engine bay shines with blower and stuff. And the stance is perfect, nose proudly in the air. Maybe you could move those front seat more back, there would still be leg room enough for back seat travellers? 

Keep on modelling! 

I thought the same thing at first... but then I started thinking, in a ride like that you may want all the room in the backseat as possible lol!!

Very cool model and that color is sweet.

Edited by LL3 Model Worx