Model Cars Magazine Forum
Super28

Pantera

Does any body make a detailed model of the Ford Pantera? All the ones I've seen are simple kits with no motor and very little detail

2 hours ago, Super28 said:

Does any body make a detailed model of the Ford Pantera? All the ones I've seen are simple kits with no motor and very little detail

I don't think so...

I think DannTier is doing a build thread on one of these currently and he is putting a Hemi in it...

I am personally not aware of any kit that contains an engine, do to the "complicated" engineering that would go into making the engine compartment open up in an accurate/sturdy way.

From what I can tell, opening the hatch on Danns has been an extremely tedious well thought out process... and I'm sure that's still not without plenty of issues.

I think you are stuck on this one.

As LL3 said correctly - there's never been a 1/25 or 1/24 Pantera with an engine or in any other scale for that matter.

Edited by vamach1

Well, that sucks! But appreciate the response. When I get better at this model thing I may have to try detailing one of these simple kits

Look up Danns thread, there's a lot of good info there. Including a place that has the transmission. 

Use a 351 from a 70 Mach 1 Mustang for the engine. 

Edited by Oldcarfan27