Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 12/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, gotnitro? said:

7-  New kits or complete rebuilds only  lets dust off those forgotten kits and build it ! they want to be on display shelf too..sorry been watching Toy Story reruns w daughter lol

I've got a question so if I can join in the fun this year, as right now I don't want to fully commit because my life outside the model is insane to the point I'm almost literally insane dealing with it thanks to battling with not only workers comp but trying to get disability as well because of two failed rotator cuff surgeries on my right shoulder after I first tore the rotator cuff pulling the fifth wheel release on the real rig I drove almost three years ago now. The past few months just to cover bills I've been having to sell off some of my collection just to cover bills while the lawyers I have working on both cases are trying to get me some type of income again. 

Anyway, enough of that and back to the question I have. I attempted to complete a build for the 2016 BRBO and it never got finished thanks to the base kit I used for it being a 40 year old Papa Truck and brittle plastic breaking seemingly every time I breathed on it caused it to go into the failure of shame section of the model room and this was as far as it ever got. 

20160927_231816.thumb.jpg.f69e0ba3cb36cbae6f8a37bf1ffaddb7.jpg

My question is this, since the trailer is also still not complete because even though from this pic it is hard to see but the suspension still needs finished and also all the lights on the other side of the trailer are not done, plus the tractor would be a completely new kit of a new Papa Truck (or if I get a settlement from workers comp or get my disability approved soon so I can afford a Hideout Truck) with the exception of the custom engine I have built for this truck, would the whole unit be eligible for the buildoff again or would it just have to be the tractor? If it would be just the tractor, not a problem, I have other ideas also that may be a crossover between this and the Cannonball build or just one for here, I just have to get things a little smoother in life in general before committing for sure so I can concentrate better on building. 

41 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

Your welcome ! 

Lee - Thanks for joining in , I've added your name and build . These 1/32 offerings are gaining popularity 

Thanks for adding me after building 1/25 scale trucks for almost 40yrs thought I would go back to my roots of building trucks which was 1/32 scale. If I get this finished soon will a trailer for it be allowed for the BRBO? If not that’s Ok 

Highway -  sorry to hear about your rotator surgeries,  my step father had his rebuilt after trying to stop a rollaway trailer tire . His never healed properly either,  and had very limited movement in it.

Far as your build goes , the trailer exceeds the  " new / rebuilder " rule , so that's not eligible.  The tractor as you stated would be a complete new kit , and that would certainly qualify.  I struggled with just allowing any build at any stage prior to starting the event. Finally decided to limit the starting points to those listed. Hope to see ya participate ! 

1 hour ago, Pete68 said:

Thanks for adding me after building 1/25 scale trucks for almost 40yrs thought I would go back to my roots of building trucks which was 1/32 scale. If I get this finished soon will a trailer for it be allowed for the BRBO? If not that’s Ok 

Trailers are certainly eligible,  as long as they fall into the rules. The whole point of the BRBO is having fun, and  having a variety keeps it interesting  ! Just let me know what ya definitely plan to build , and I'll update the list 

last year was a bad one , now i am slowly on the road again so i wil do it

have seen al the builds , ready ore not [ mine one is on the shelf ] but sometimes i work on it

count me in

i wil do a Kenworth T950 [ australian style [ 1: 25 ]

its make my head clear and have fun to see some big nice builds here

jacobus

5 hours ago, jacobus said:

last year was a bad one , now i am slowly on the road again so i wil do it

have seen al the builds , ready ore not [ mine one is on the shelf ] but sometimes i work on it

count me in

i wil do a Kenworth T950 [ australian style [ 1: 25 ]

its make my head clear and have fun to see some big nice builds here

jacobus

Thanks for joining us  Jacobus ! Really like the Aussie trucks 

On 12/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, gotnitro? said:

The official post for the Big Rig Build Off 2020 !!! 

Lets start the new year off with a FUN big rig build off . Last years event was immense fun, and Im hoping for another huge turn out ! Its trucks , their big ,lets have a giant group of builders puttering away at the bench, posting updates and photos  ,and hopefully finishing at the end ! 

The time frame for this years build off will run Jan 1st-Aug 1st 2020 

Big rigs , construction equipment, even farm tractors  allowed . 

1- Have Fun !!! 

2- All scales are welcome,  giant 1-16 trucks to the tiniest 1-160 N scale trucks and everything in between ! This includes the 1-35 trucks !!!

3-Have Fun !!

4 -Any aftermarket  parts, transkits, etc welcome !  

5- Monthly updates required even if nothings been worked on 

6-  Entrants start a thread in the big rig work bench  section with BRBO in the topic  with  a starting photo we all love pics !!

7-  New kits or complete rebuilds only  lets dust off those forgotten kits and build it ! they want to be on display shelf too..sorry been watching Toy Story reruns w daughter lol

8-  An  Under Glass photo included on or before Aug 1st deadline 

Any questions feel free to contact me,  and lets have fun ! 

The entrants and their builds :

DrKerry - ?

Tbill -  ?

Sam I am - yellow IH 

Jerseyjerry55 - Revell Pete 359 

Vettegasser - ?

Iamsuperdan - ?

Bababooey - Sd Freightliner w Double header tr

K100 - Kw Aerodyne 

WarrenD - ?

Pete68 -  1/32 Mack R700

Casey429 - KW ?

Highway - bj bear kw 

Benny -  1/32 Mack

Bills72sj - Freightliner Day cab

Weird the board wont allow me to edit the original post now , so I'll place the new builders and projects here 

DRIPTROIT71 - KW K123 w 40' Great Dane box 

Jacobus - KW T930 Aussie 

Landman - IH K8 

Thank everyone for participating 

Edited by gotnitro?

20 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Highway -  sorry to hear about your rotator surgeries,  my step father had his rebuilt after trying to stop a rollaway trailer tire . His never healed properly either,  and had very limited movement in it.

Far as your build goes , the trailer exceeds the  " new / rebuilder " rule , so that's not eligible.  The tractor as you stated would be a complete new kit , and that would certainly qualify.  I struggled with just allowing any build at any stage prior to starting the event. Finally decided to limit the starting points to those listed. Hope to see ya participate ! 

Thanks and sorry to hear your step father had to deal with the same issues, and like him I have very little movement in mine either just after the to surgeries to repair the tear that has came back for a third time and the doctor said any other surgeries would be pointless because it would just keep getting worse. The only one so far that has mentioned a replacement has been my workers comp lawyer, but after these two surgeries I really don't know if I want to go for that or not. I even wonder if I should have had the two I already had, because in 2012 I fell down some steps and ended up with a compression fracture to my L1 vertebrae and because I didn't have insurance at the time, medical care on it was basically a brace and a few X-rays to see how it was healing and let it heal on its own and deal with it and I ended up returning to my normal life a little less than a year later including driving again and learning to live with the back pain. I had to play everything by the book and follow all the doctor's orders this time instead and it ended up ending my career of 18 years. 

Anyway, enough of that again and back to the build part of things, I figured the trailer would be out, but as the old saying goes it never hurts to ask. Once I do get life calmed down to try to spend time at the bench again, I'll probably still get this going again even though the trailer can't be a part of the build, because there are a few more that I had mentioned may be crossovers between this and the Cannonball going on here too that I'd also like to try to join into once life gets more on an even keel because for those builds I have to at least wait til I can get a friend to cast me a couple reefer units to put on the Fruehauf 40 footer because the only true Freuhauf reefer kit I have is reserved for the box stock box art build I have planned of it and the Watkins torsion bar Kenworth. 

13 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Weird the board wont allow me to edit the original post now , so I'll place the new builders and projects here 

DRIPTROIT71 - KW K123 w 40' Great Dane box 

Jacobus - KW T930 Aussie 

Landman - IH K8 

Thank everyone for participating 

That's really strange. Hope you don't mind, I went in and added those to the original post. PM me if you need any more edits and can't for whatever reason, and I'll get it looked after. :)