Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 12/28/2019 at 9:00 AM, JerseeJerry55 said:

Thanks for the reply. I have a can of Tamiya TS43 Racing Green in my stash. Also though TS34 Camel Yellow would be a good choice for the cab. Maybe Green front fenders as well.

Yellow cab, green fenders. Sounds eye catching.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:53 PM, gotnitro? said:

Sam - hmm any of your options would really make a great BRBO entry  ! I know it doesn't help your decision 

Welcome along  !  Those KW snapper kits are surprisingly really nice kits  ! The tires on mine were probably the only let down , but easily replaced w am parts .

Yes they are.

I don't usually take part in builds with a finish line......... because I am almost certain to be a DNF. But, I'll give it a try! IHC Fleetstar 2070B. Cummins powered, not sure of the body yet....that is to be determined. And depending on the body chosen, it may morph into an 2070A. It is a very old resin from Jim Etter.  I will be using almost 100% recycled parts and will cut and hinge the hood. Happy New Year!

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger

4 hours ago, redneckrigger said:

I don't usually take part in builds with a finish line......... because I am almost certain to be a DNF. But, I'll give it a try! IHC Fleetstar 2070B. Cummins powered, not sure of the body yet....that is to be determined. And depending on the body chosen, it may morph into an 2070A. It is a very old resin from Jim Etter.  I will be using almost 100% recycled parts and will cut and hinge the hood. Happy New Year!

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

Even if you don’t make the deadline, I know this is going to be a knock out when done!

5 hours ago, redneckrigger said:

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

Tom

This truck reminds me of a truck that was in one of my old 1981 Auto World Magazine. The truck was built by Lou Kroack. Here’s some pics of it 

3BBC21E8-DC7F-431A-A532-F31EC247F9D4.jpeg

E89602BE-8098-4C40-9705-16AABB38348E.jpeg

6AA8A6B2-4191-42B8-8217-7ABD5BCA11F1.jpeg

258220EC-C097-4312-8235-B8AF4EAE2707.jpeg

BF056123-F1A0-49F2-A801-FB7D0367D16A.jpeg

6 hours ago, redneckrigger said:

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

Awesome Tom very nice truck  ! 

On 12/29/2019 at 4:11 AM, Bennyg said:

I’ve got 1/32 Auslowe 6 spoke spiders. It will be good to see a few different scales this build off.

Ben

Ben

I went to Auselow’s web site and looked those wheels and tires up and they are nice thanks for posting 

5 hours ago, Pete68 said:

I got my wheels from Don Mills today and I’ve added some Herb Deeks 1/32 Rubber tires to them now I think I’m set. Here’s a quick mock up and a pic of the Don Mills 5 hole Alcoa wheels with Herb Deeks tires 

3149EFBA-82AB-4CA9-8EA0-ED8DCFFE0C7E.jpeg

CC52E259-1D30-4BF5-A7DC-545837FB7F49.jpeg

56E63338-FFEC-42A8-9FDD-EDF58A1B74F4.jpeg

A40F93CE-D1C5-408C-BA5C-299894241DD4.jpeg

Wow! Very nice! Where’d you get the r700?

Ben

29 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

Great sounding project  !  I wonder if any aftermarket source sells the 379 hood ?

Ar least you wont have to worry about your molded color bleeding thru  ! 

I know somebody does, I think it's the same company that made my T800 hood. Now if I could just remember...

I want to say Plaskit...

I think you can get it from P&P resin...

If I only had a memory I would not have to edit so much...

Edited by Sam I Am

I believe the deadline to enter is fast approaching. If so, I would like to still get in please. I don't have a kit yet but I plan on either an AMT fire truck of some type or, I just traded with another member for his Moebious Lonestar. It would be one of those two.

I've been talking with a member here about fire engines and on the Lonestar trade neither of us has shipped yet so I've got nothing to show.

Enter late, start late, but hope to finish ON TIME.

Edited by DPNM