Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got my truck all laid out on the bench today! Ready to go and I still may not get it done but I sure am gonna try!!

rebuild of an old Pete that’s been with me for a great many years!! Built it when I was 18.. I’m now well let’s just say I got a few miles on me!! Lol 

46 minutes ago, DPNM said:

I believe the deadline to enter is fast approaching. If so, I would like to still get in please. I don't have a kit yet but I plan on either an AMT fire truck of some type or, I just traded with another member for his Moebious Lonestar. It would be one of those two.

I've been talking with a member here about fire engines and on the Lonestar trade neither of us has shipped yet so I've got nothing to show.

Enter late, start late, but hope to finish ON TIME.

You're not late. According to the rules you can start up to 48 hours before the end in August. you have lots of time. 

27 minutes ago, DrKerry said:

Got my truck all laid out on the bench today! Ready to go and I still may not get it done but I sure am gonna try!!

rebuild of an old Pete that’s been with me for a great many years!! Built it when I was 18.. I’m now well let’s just say I got a few miles on me!! Lol 

Doc I know the miles 

I cant stop laughing at the loopholes you guys find in my lack of being specific on the rules  !!!

Our daughter gets this sly smirk on her face everytime she pulls a fast one on us...I can see ya all doing the same  !!! Good , means were definitely going to have fun  !!!  Hey everyone have a great new year's night and see ya tomorrow ready to build !!! 

Thanks again to everyone who signed up

If my late entry, and my lack of a definitive rig to build, got snarled in the loophole I will withdraw from this years build-off. I have an entry in the Cannonball so I can concentrate on that. And I can build a rig without the time constraint.:lol: I wasn't prepared for this years build.

Edited by DPNM

3 hours ago, DPNM said:

If my late entry, and my lack of a definitive rig to build, got snarled in the loophole I will withdraw from this years build-off. I have an entry in the Cannonball so I can concentrate on that. And I can build a rig without the time constraint.:lol: I wasn't prepared for this years build.

Jim we’ve all been there 

After being on this forum for nearly 13 years, I have decided to throw my hat into the ring. My build is going to be a Kenworth T600A heavy equipment service truck!

IMG_0214-vi.jpg

I work on heavy earth mining equipment and this build is what I would want if I could have a heavy service truck!....Joe

I think I have everything updated in the OP. 

If you don't see your name, let Jeff (gotnitro?) know ASAP and we'll the entrant list updated.

Looks like a big field this year!

I just want to give Jeff a shout out for the work he's putting into this, and for arranging the prize for this year.  Excellent work! 

:)

6 hours ago, kurth said:

I just saw this. I am in with the AMT  Chevy Bison. I will post a start thread later tonight. 

Welcome ! Looking forward to your build , the Bison is very popular. 

1 hour ago, Exotics_Builder said:

If I am not too late, I'll give it a try with my first big rig, the Revell Unimog Fire Rescue

Your not late to the build off , I actually never really set a deadline for entering lol . 

Cant wait to see your Unimog build, I love the military looking trucks . We had an older Unimog at museum on Army base , I wanted to drive that beast

9 hours ago, vettecote said:

After being on this forum for nearly 13 years, I have decided to throw my hat into the ring. My build is going to be a Kenworth T600A heavy equipment service truck!

IMG_0214-vi.jpg

I work on heavy earth mining equipment and this build is what I would want if I could have a heavy service truck!....Joe

I'll be following this one.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:39 AM, vettecote said:

IMG_0214-vi.jpg

Sounds kool!! I have one of the same going on with the same kit. Can’t wait to see yours come to life!!