Model Cars Magazine Forum

25 minutes ago, Goodwrench3 said:

Is it too late to get in ???     Maybe this year I'll actually finish something.  There's always hope !

Thanks

Jeff yes your able to join us !  I never actually required a deadline for entering , so your good to go.

I'll have Dan update the list after you choose your project !  Good to have ya along 

17 minutes ago, Goodwrench3 said:

Super.  Mine will be an IH 4300 Transtar Eagle.

I'll post a pic of the shrink-wrapped kit tomorrow.

Sounds  good !  I picked one of those kits up from Ollie's , they look really good  ! Havent decided what its gonna be yet 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All:

Unfortunately, work and business travel got the better of me at that start of this -- so as I haven't posted any updates to date, I've basically disqualified myself.

After being in 3 countries over the past two months on business (France, Canada, Mexico), the COVID thing has killed all business travel (thankfully) and as a result I've got time on my hands again to work on my project.

So I'll post my progress on a non-BRBO post and hopefully get into the contest next time.

Here's where it is so far.

Thanks all !   Stay safe.

4300.jpg

1 hour ago, Goodwrench3 said:

Hi All:

Unfortunately, work and business travel got the better of me at that start of this -- so as I haven't posted any updates to date, I've basically disqualified myself.

After being in 3 countries over the past two months on business (France, Canada, Mexico), the COVID thing has killed all business travel (thankfully) and as a result I've got time on my hands again to work on my project.

So I'll post my progress on a non-BRBO post and hopefully get into the contest next time.

Here's where it is so far.

Thanks all !   Stay safe.

4300.jpg

Good luck on getting some work done on it!! 

17 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Jeff theres still a few months left , and looks like your making progress 

Oh I'll keep building !   It's just that I'm out of the running for the prize -- and that's OK with me.

My prize will be the satisfaction of FINISHING something!

Stay safe.

5 hours ago, Goodwrench3 said:

Oh I'll keep building !   It's just that I'm out of the running for the prize -- and that's OK with me.

My prize will be the satisfaction of FINISHING something!

Stay safe.

Having fun building is winning enough! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like this lockdown has either been a benefit to some or kept folks from building due to lack of access to materials .

Would everyone like an extension of a few months to finish up , this craziness cant last forever right ? 

Let me know what ya think, and remember it's all about having fun together building!!!

I am finished, but if it will help others get their builds done, I say lets do it. I would love to see everyone cross the finish line this year. 

I understand the supply issue. I need a few things for my other builds and the only options are on-line and some of those are limited or way behind on shipping. 

2 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Sounds like an extension is on !!

Let's really get crazy...Dec 31st 2020  after that well have a poll and award the people's choice winner. 

Thanks everyone for their continued support and stay safe 

Sounds good here!!