Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow December already and only a few more weeks and the voting for the people's choice winner will be awarded! 

Everyone that participated really turned out outstanding work, and kept the brbo running smooth ! 

Thanks again to everyone who joined and built a model even if it wasn't completed. 

Looking forward to the 2021 brbo 

On 12/2/2020 at 10:23 AM, Pete68 said:

Jeff I know I haven’t posted for a while but would like to see you head up another one for 2021. I might get my build done but it’s been a crazy year for me as well as others 

No problem Pete this yrs been very chaotic.  Sometimes this hobby keeps us sane when the world around us is in turmoil! 

I volunteered to host the 21 brbo too, hopefully you'll join us 

26 minutes ago, Warren D said:

Ok, thought I had read you moved them to the top and didn't see them.  Thanks!

just took care of that ! I was having loading issues w phone , and never wrote down password to log in on desktop..everyones build should be at the top now. If I missed anyone please bump post to top. There was 14 finishers this year , a significant turnout ! 

5 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

I'd be happy to, but would need some help adding them. 

Jeff adding/collecting them here is actually pretty easy. Just open multiple tabs in your browser and cut and paste the links of the completed builds to this thread all in one post (or maybe a new thread).

I could probably do it in about 15 minutes if I had the complete list. I know you have recently TTT them in the under glass topic which helps.

The beauty is once all the links are in one post they will stay together. The problem is how messy the thread will get if/when folks reply if they use the "quote" feature when replying with their vote. We could ask voters specifically to NOT use the quote feature. We would have to clarify to not cast VOTES on the individual finished build threads or they may not be counted. (Though additional comments on each thread would be nice)

I COULD make a new BRBO 2020 voting thread with links as a test, but since I am an entrant with a potential chance a winning, I do not think it would be appropriate for me to determine the order or edit the content. Also since I am not a moderator I do not have the ability to remove the thread if things go sideways.

Alternately each entrant could supply up to 5 pics of their build. If we added commentary for each pic, some folks could get really wordy and/or the builders with busy lives could be left out if they did not submit their final entry in time.

The tricky part will be counting the votes if we have an overwhelming public response. We may need a moderator to make sure each member only makes one vote.

We could also complicate it by allowing everyone to vote their Top 3 and then sort out that count. ----or-----

We could simply let our generous sponsor be the sole judge. I once won an online contest years ago sponsored by an aftermarket vendor by this method.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

I'm gonna arrange a poll  thread under glass just like 2019 was done . That way everyone votes and it tallies the overall score . 

If you'd like to link them all here together pm me for full list , theres currently 14 finished . 

Edited by gotnitro?

Soo..I planned a poll  thread w photos in the under glass section . Then folks can drop a comment there if they feel like . Hopefully this will keep it organized. 

Any other suggestions feel free to ask , I'm a rookie at this 

Edited by gotnitro?

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to give it a try.   An incentive to actually go finish something besides parts and pieces.    My entry will be a ,3 something pete tri axle dump truck.  Smooth side lanau body   the rest I will have to post some pictures as I build it.  Gw