Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 hours ago, Dutzie said:

Jeff, I have just recently joined. Is it too late to enter? If not, I would like to enter my build of a Mack B61 dual drive and  Lindbergh fuel tanker in Shell livery. Let me know. Thank you. 

I never refused entrants starting after the start date . Your definitely welcome to join us ! Your project sounds great. 

I did extend the build off til dec 31st because this lockdown mess  so theres extra time to complete the build 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 7:05 PM, gotnitro? said:

I dont use it , I've been using krylon color max satin on several builds and love it . The Charmin Prostar is painted with it excellent semi gloss finish imo

My Prostar is on the way, along with the day cab from Dave.  Smooth side is still in a holding pattern...  Nice to know about the Krylon.

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2020 at 12:32 AM, Sugar Creek Racing said:

My Prostar is on the way, along with the day cab from Dave.  Smooth side is still in a holding pattern...  Nice to know about the Krylon.

You'll enjoy the build , they assemble very well. 

Jeff thanks also for the extension I know I haven’t gave any updates for months and I I know I’m probably disqualified but that’s ok I still want to finish my build I mostly joined for the fun to build with the guys. 

On 7/28/2020 at 9:10 PM, Pete68 said:

Jeff thanks also for the extension I know I haven’t gave any updates for months and I I know I’m probably disqualified but that’s ok I still want to finish my build I mostly joined for the fun to build with the guys. 

Same here

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 10:17 AM, iamsuperdan said:

I'm stunned. Actually got the build done!

Posting it now in Under Glass.

:)

Sorry haven't been around much. Been working on house getting ready for contactor to install siding 

Your build turned out fantastic 

19 hours ago, k100 said:

I actually finished the KW , I’m surprised .

it is posted in under glass.

It turned out fantastic,  love the colors .

• 1 month later...

Another month behind us , and builders are bashing away !!!  We really had a good turnout and finishes so far, appreciate everyone's participation 

Getting closer to deadline , but let's not rush lol up here in the snow belt that means cold temps and shoveling brrrrf 

stupid , forget the picture,s  to take 

have a lot on my mind , organised the hobbyroom and the stash etc etc sorted out

and also wait for some parts but the covid delay a lot of things by the post

tommorow first take some picture,s and put my self in a corner with a red head of shame

jacobus 

2 hours ago, jacobus said:

stupid , forget the picture,s  to take 

have a lot on my mind , organised the hobbyroom and the stash etc etc sorted out

and also wait for some parts but the covid delay a lot of things by the post

tommorow first take some picture,s and put my self in a corner with a red head of shame

jacobus 

no problem ! This years been very trying for everyone. I hope the BRBO has been fun despite this years problems 

13 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

So when is the official end to this? I am looking forward to seeing everyone's finished products.  

Dec 31st is the official end 

Certainly looking forward to the finished builds that haven't completed yet , then everyone gets to vote..not by mail mind you..on their favorite build ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all hope everyone has been safe and well through the pandemic. I haven't posted since the Winter on any progress for my BRBO 2020 Peterbilt 359. Attached are some pictures of my progress up to this point. Installed a Cummins 350 in place of the kit provided Caterpillar powerplant. Made a winter front out of vinyl packaging from a comforter set that I painted in white. Also used AMT KW K123 baby Moon hubcaps as air horn covers. I painted the CB antenna's Testors light blue. Cab is Model Master Dark Sea Blue. The frame is Red. Used the kit provided decals. This may be the best truck I've ever built. Will need some final touches but I'm pretty pleased with it.

Pete 359 001.jpg

Pete 359 002.jpg

Pete 359 003.jpg

Pete 359 004.jpg

Pete 359 005.jpg

Pete 359 006.jpg

Pete 359 007.jpg

Pete 359 008.jpg

Pete 009.jpg