Model Cars Magazine Forum

New From Round2/AMT 2020

stavanzer

The 65 Fairlane looks mega interesting; looks like it'll have A LOT of extras. Unlike some of the other more stripped-down kits in the Modified Stocker series, this one seems to have an interior bucket, two engines, 8 tires, 2 sets of wheels, full glass, and what looks like a freaky dual-snorkel air intake. Does anyone know much about this kit? I haven't come up with much in the way of pics, videos, or instructions.

I love the MadMax skateboard look with those insane tires. Can't decide whether to get the Fairlane, or the 66 Chevy.

Knowing me, I'll get BOTH.

• 3 weeks later...

Was that actually someone's car?  It reminds me of that awful Denny McLain car/truck thing.  

* WARNING * I'm just expressing my opinion here.  I always thought such things were a waste of tooling and plastic, when so many real cars were never made in 1/25th scale.  I'm elated for anyone here is happy to see this coming back. 

More than likely this car, of which there were kits from Eldon then Doyusha. Doyusha probably tooled and/or moulded it for Eldon since the original kit was sourced from Japan. Images from Google though I do have the complete set of Eldon Hot Rod kits, only the Sand Dragon was never reissued.

milk-truck006.jpg

vtg-eldon-milk-truck-bob-reisners_1_467b09c6a23ae3d80db8b1dd25982411.jpg

images (1).jpeg

Edited by Phirewriter

13 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

More than likely this car, of which there was kits from Eldon then Doyusha. Doyusha probably tooled and/or moulded it for Eldon since the original kit was sourced from Japan. Images from Google though I do have the complete set of Eldon Hot Rod kits, only the Sand Dragon was never reissued.

For those who've never seen one, here's the Sand Draggin.  I found this kit at a flea market, exactly as you see it here with minor assembly and missing the instructions.  Since I'm not that interested in these kits, I sold it on eBay last year.

sand-drag.JPG

Edited by Mike999
goof

The buildup of that car (the real one) was actually featured in a Walt-Disney movie; "Dad, can I borrow the car?" that is on youtube. The movie last 46:24,  but the actual buildup of "The Sand Draggin'" begins at 25:47

until 29:48 and that includes review of a few others of the same serie.

57 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Unless they've done significant modification to the tooling, the box art on the '65 GTO is fraudulent. The kit piece no longer looks anything like the front end of a real '65 GTO. :angry:

True. It really needs the headlight area corrected. It was fine before the track car butchering and hasn't been brought back even though they already took a couple trys at it. 

New tail lights or just casting the tail lights into the rear bumper/grille piece would be a big improvement too.