Model Cars Magazine Forum

New From Round2/AMT 2020

stavanzer

33 minutes ago, alexis said:

And, looking at the parts layout, notice that the bike is now all on one sprue by itself?

Not really. When made, all of the runners are connected so the plastic can flow through each gate and create individual parts, but the parts must be broken down into smaller groups to fit within the box. If the bike was all alone, on its own, it would very likely have a separate, individual runner encircling the bike parts. The transparent parts are separate from those molded in color, too, so it wouldn't be possible to run the motorcycle individually/separately.

image.png.ad6c8b1a0c8735f60ef2e052bbc7b98e.png

I had one of the later MPC reissues of the Chrysler. I tried to sell it for $18.....nary a nibble.

I'll admit I'm weird, I want the Gypsy Wagon and some of the trick motorcycles. I keep hoping Hobby Lobby gets the bikes as they're no where near worth the retail price.

56 minutes ago, iBorg said:

I had one of the later MPC reissues of the Chrysler. I tried to sell it for $18.....nary a nibble.

I'll admit I'm weird, I want the Gypsy Wagon and some of the trick motorcycles. I keep hoping Hobby Lobby gets the bikes as they're no where near worth the retail price.

I feel that way about a bunch of models...but Hobby Lobby has been letting me down...

Edited by slusher

14 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

Looking at the parts layout on the bottom of the box there's only one engine.  There was always only one.

I know this kit has always had only one engine, but Chad (probably mistakenly) mentions "2 engines" in the video, and I'm making reference to someone else's inquiry about that

13 hours ago, iBorg said:

I have a mint Gypsy kit...but I'll pick up 3 new ones as I have some ideas for the kit......

17 hours ago, iBorg said:

That price include shipping? 

8 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I know this kit has always had only one engine, but Chad (probably mistakenly) mentions "2 engines" in the video, and I'm making reference to someone else's inquiry about that

I know you knew. I was just backing up what you said.

LOL!  I feel the same way about the Gypsy Wagon that many of you do about the Imperial.  I want the "Gypsy Camping Accessories" like the fiddle, cooking pot etc.  But I have zero interest in the kit itself. So watch the Trade forum!

The motorcycle in the Imperial kit is a definite must-get.  Another minor but neat feature in that kit:  it has a working luggage rack that can be adapted to other classic cars.  The rack can be folded up, or opened with a trunk sitting on it.

But I already have some parts from the AMT-ERTL release of that kit.  So the basic car may end up being traded, too. It sounds like the competition may be fierce to trade Imperial kits without the motorcycle or Gangbuster parts.

• 3 weeks later...