Model Cars Magazine Forum

New From Round2/AMT 2020

stavanzer

26 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

i saw a 66 buick wildcat in a round 2 video yesterday, its supposed to be released next month i think.

That's the video I tried to enter in my post above. How do I post videos? I've tried on several different occasions, but haven't figured it out, yet. A PM with video posting instructions will help. LoL

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

How do I post videos? 

For YouTube videos, click the "SHARE" option just beneath the video (you have to be viewing the video at YouTube.com):

image.png.1a97ba33fd1ef5a4ffa1442c70eab093.png

..then highlight (or click on the same box as the text to be copied) the text in the box:

image.png.6edf43c4d26fdc034c4314596908f0ae.png

...then just paste it here in the body of the message. It should automatically embed the link, and the video will appear inside the post.

I added the newly announced 2020 Round2 items to this post because of the post title, but after reading the body of the post, maybe that was a mistake? There is already a post regarding Round2's January 2020 releases here ...:

...so I thought this post might serve to contain all of the 2020 Round2 announcements. 

Edited by Casey

14 hours ago, Bucky said:

How do I post videos?

Simple: copy the URL of the Youtube video you're viewing, found in the address bar of your web browser, and paste it in the reply box here. The URL will turn into a screen of the specific video within a few seconds.

7 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Simple: copy the URL of the Youtube video you're viewing, found in the address bar of your web browser, and paste it in the reply box here. The URL will turn into a screen of the specific video within a few seconds.

That's how I do it. B)

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

Thanks, folks! I kept trying to do it the hard way! LoL

Using the "Copy" link allows you to use the "Start at" feature, so you can "start" the video at the point where the model kits are mentioned, and skip all the other stuff...screen shot of that:

image.png.05a5b664d35d754b79c16c67b61b1611.png

7 hours ago, hpiguy said:

The great thing about that 5.0 coming back is that all of us wanting to make a meth dealer diorama are all set! Just need to fab up a trailer home and it will look right in place! ;)

Oh that is just great! ? Just don't forget to add some parts from a Ranger or maybe even swap the Mustang front clip onto a Ranger for the true methed up look! ??

On 1/9/2020 at 9:10 AM, hpiguy said:

The great thing about that 5.0 coming back is that all of us wanting to make a meth dealer diorama are all set! Just need to fab up a trailer home and it will look right in place! ;)

? Or if you're a GM guy, a "Trans-Maro" will work.  Example shown below.  For the more mature meth dealer,  a Crown Vic or Impala from the 1980s or early 1990s.

transam.JPG

On 1/9/2020 at 8:10 AM, hpiguy said:

I really don’t see or understand how a fox body Mustang ties in with a meth lab..

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

? Or if you're a GM guy, a "Trans-Maro" will work.  Example shown below.  For the more mature meth dealer,  a Crown Vic or Impala from the 1980s or early 1990s.

transam.JPG

Or like an '86 Berlinetta(sp)  2.8 Auto all rotted out under the doors,  hatch held down with a bungee, dragging it's massive 40 pound catalytic converter down the road, sparking on every bump.   LOLOLOLOL

Ok guys, lets chill out 

Yes, i am very happy that some cool vintage stuff is getting done, but I am also hoping that something new might be made. But until then, I will keep supporting them by buying some of the cool vintage stuff! 

19 hours ago, the other Mike S. said:

The last new tool from Round 2 would be the 6th gen Camaro.  Nothing really new from them for early 2020, but they are tooling up a 4dr sedan version of the '67 Impala due out in the spring I believe. 

I can't believe I am excited at the possibility of a Four Door! ?

5 hours ago, slusher said:

I really don’t see or understand how a fox body Mustang ties in with a meth lab..

It's an internet thing. 

One example- http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/man-busted-for-allegedly-cooking-meth-in-front-seat-of-mustang/

Back on topic.

Grumpy's Vega, I never liked the kit, loved the car. Now I need the kit. P/S ain't a thing anymore

Edited by DukeE

2 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Ok guys, lets chill out 

Yes, i am very happy that some cool vintage stuff is getting done, but I am also hoping that something new might be made. But until then, I will keep supporting them by buying some of the cool vintage stuff! 

I can't believe I am excited at the possibility of a Four Door! ?

I enjoy seeing your vintage finds Jesse. A new tool 4 door is cool.