Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

New From Round2/AMT 2020


alexis

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

True. It really needs the headlight area corrected. It was fine before the track car butchering and hasn't been brought back even though they already took a couple trys at it. 

New tail lights or just casting the tail lights into the rear bumper/grille piece would be a big improvement too.

Right. Every time they try to "fix" the headlights (and they've tried at least twice), they make it worse. They keep milling into the mold, which makes the headlights protrude MORE, where what's needed is LESS. They need to weld up those headlight cavities in the mold and start from flat metal and get it right. If they'd give us clear lenses for the headlights, so much the better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Right. Every time they try to "fix" the headlights (and they've tried at least twice), they make it worse. They keep milling into the mold, which makes the headlights protrude MORE, where what's needed is LESS. They need to weld up those headlight cavities in the mold and start from flat metal and get it right. If they'd give us clear lenses for the headlights, so much the better. 

I've got a Modelhaus repop of the original, to use on the one kit in my stash, but I'd pony up for another one if they actually fixed it for this release.  Seeing how they refuse to fix the butchered taillights in the two recent 1969 Chevelle reissues, my gut tells me they won't fix the headlights on this one either.

On the other hand, Round 2 has been retooling quite a few parts for some of their recent reissues.  Usually though, it seems like it's a matter of restoring parts that have gone missing over the years instead of correcting parts that are still present.

Personally, I think some of that money could be better spent correcting the shortcomings in a kit like this (headlights, taillights, rear Pontiac lettering) vs. retooling the weird asymmetrical custom parts for the recent 1963 Impala reissue, for example, which very few builders are likely to use.

Edited by Robberbaron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hawk312 said:

The monster truck looks like the old 1/25 USA-1 kit with Coke markings. Anyone in the aftermarket make USA-1 decals.....

I have only looked on ebay when i need decals and i have never ran acrossed them there...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Casey said:

AMT 1101 - 1/25 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo

AMT 1220 - 1/25 2006 Nissan 350Z

Is the Nissan the old FnF kit???  Other than the wheels and tires....I like it and will get another......

I think Tim Boyd has been asking for the Toyota.....EDIT  Tim has talked about the 80's Toyota.....Who's Supra is that??? was it in the FnF line too??

 

f&f31 (8).JPG

Edited by Dave Van
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Japanese - U.S. relations have just normalized after the debacle of that Supra. Aoshima reboxed it with both body kits and aside from being the entirely "wrong scale" from what people expected, it's also a total flop when compared to the Tamiya Mk.4 Supra kit.  It's probably the most loathed cross-Pacific tool sharing in decades. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Is the Nissan the old FnF kit???  Other than the wheels and tires....I like it and will get another......

I think Tim Boyd has been asking for the Toyota.....

 

f&f31 (8).JPG

Very sharp Dave!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Casey said:

AMT 1101 - 1/25 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo

AMT 1220 - 1/25 2006 Nissan 350Z

Well then, sign me up for at least 6 of the Supras!! Be nice if we had dates, but I imagine by late summer or so. Wonder if it will be the first version with the Bomex body kit, or the Veilside body that was co-designed by Aoshima for their JP boxing. One of the better kits out of the F&F line considering it's shortcomings, and it's a goldmine for parts motor suspension and seats. Only a matter of time till R2 decides to reissue this MPC 80s Celica Supra to go with it https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mpc-1-0841-toyota-celica-supra--950596

The 350z is a decent kit, wheels/tires are jaw droppingly awful and the roof looks kinda chopped. Be nice to have that one out too, and no more dealing with evil bay prices for these!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iBorg said:

Is the Black Beauty wedge better than the Prudhomme Wedge? That was a kit I wanted for years, bought it and like many put the lid back on it and forgot it.

It will have the new body like the Prudhomme kit has !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RickRollerLT1 said:

Well then, sign me up for at least 6 of the Supras!! Be nice if we had dates, but I imagine by late summer or so. Wonder if it will be the first version with the Bomex body kit, or the Veilside body that was co-designed by Aoshima for their JP boxing. One of the better kits out of the F&F line considering it's shortcomings, and it's a goldmine for parts motor suspension and seats. Only a matter of time till R2 decides to reissue this MPC 80s Celica Supra to go with it https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mpc-1-0841-toyota-celica-supra--950596

The 350z is a decent kit, wheels/tires are jaw droppingly awful and the roof looks kinda chopped. Be nice to have that one out too, and no more dealing with evil bay prices for these!

I want one of each!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...