Model Cars Magazine Forum
<profile removed>

Rusty Wallace Kodiak Pontiac 2+2 Aero Coupe

Curbside/shelf model. No engine or chassis details. Scratch built front spoiler. Back window was...a "bear" (Kodiak bear pun...oh, never mind ☺)

Screenshot_2019-12-22-13-48-09.png

Screenshot_2019-12-22-13-48-16.png

Screenshot_2019-12-22-13-49-08.png

Screenshot_2019-12-22-13-48-55.png

Screenshot_2019-12-22-13-53-35.png

Screenshot_2019-12-22-13-59-18.png

Edited by AMC ROB

Thanks! This is a JNJ conversion kit (nose and back window) I've had sitting forever. I finally got around to piecing it together. I did not use the JNJ vacu-formed deck lid, though. I modified the trunk myself with putty and, believe it or not, a section from a plastic easter egg. The grille screens are also not included with the JNJ pieces...so I painted some 3M medical tape and cut it to shape. It seems to have a fairly appropriate scale grille texture. I'm sure the purists here are cringing, but I think it looks ok on the shelf.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:02 PM, AMC ROB said:

Thanks! This is a JNJ conversion kit (nose and back window) I've had sitting forever. I finally got around to piecing it together. I did not use the JNJ vacu-formed deck lid, though. I modified the trunk myself with putty and, believe it or not, a section from a plastic easter egg. The grille screens are also not included with the JNJ pieces...so I painted some 3M medical tape and cut it to shape. It seems to have a fairly appropriate scale grille texture. I'm sure the purists here are cringing, but I think it looks ok on the shelf.

I do not think I'm a purist but that looks good. One I would like to tackle some day. I see a resin body on ebay right now but I'd rather convert like you did.   

Outstanding build sir. I understand that those old JNJ conversions can be quite challenging. Looks like you conquered yours beautifully.

Gorgeous work, I always love seeing Rusty models. My favourite driver all time.