Model Cars Magazine Forum

Christmas Haul

Renegade

Saw this on some of the Facebook model groups. Post anything model related you got from either others or yourself. Nothing for me but I am saving up for the HL April clearance sale. Don't know why as I still have unopened kits from two or three years ago. I think I have a problem.

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

My wonderful wife got me the brand new shop chair that I had been wanting!! :D

image.jpeg.96b50c2a8f14730bacef5ad9eddac5bc.jpeg

Steve

That’s exactly what I needEd ,a new chair,and it’s on order.Should be here this weekend.Try rolling on a chair with two broken wheels, not fun.???.

4 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Nice, When I moved into the new house and set up the model room, I got a new chair as well, but wish I had done a better version like this.

It pays to have a wife that drives a hard bargain as well.

She got this $120.00 chair for about $75.00! :)

Steve

I scored pretty decent I think...

List of what I got.

Polar lights  66 batmobile kit with resin figs. New pants, shirts, socks, house slippers and PJ's/modeling pants.

$280 in cash, a $25 Amazon giftcard (kitcard lol) two $25 Visa's and a few scratch off tickets where I won another $20. Then I got a $50 card to the Honeybaked ham store.

I also got a fire extinguisher to keep in my car.

Yea I'd say I pretty much lucked out!

Next few days there's gonna be some stuff purchased for sure!

On 12/26/2019 at 12:27 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

My wonderful wife got me the brand new shop chair that I had been wanting!! :D

image.jpeg.96b50c2a8f14730bacef5ad9eddac5bc.jpeg

Steve

That's a nice chair Steve... the woman clearly cares about your back!

(And perhaps your ability to work, lol) 

A new (good) chair would be a great thing in my model room... I got one for Christmas a few years back, but it really doesn't cut the mustard.

I got exactly what I asked for Christmas... nothing! Been telling the family for years that I have everything I want or need. 

This year my older daughter got my wife and I an internet addressable picture frame that she can send new photos of the babies to us!

My younger daughter got us a gift certificate for one of our regular restaurants.  

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I got exactly what I asked for Christmas... nothing! Been telling the family for years that I have everything I want or need. 

This year my older daughter got my wife and I an internet addressable picture frame that she can send new photos of the babies to us!

My younger daughter got us a gift certificate for one of our regular restaurants.  

So, you are telling me that for literally years now you could have been sending me all the unwanted stuff people been giving you?

Why didn't I join this forum sooner?!!!

Anytime you need my addy... it's yours and I pay postage (or freight) LOL!!

On 12/27/2019 at 11:21 PM, LL3 Model Worx said:

So, you are telling me that for literally years now you could have been sending me all the unwanted stuff people been giving you?

Why didn't I join this forum sooner?!!!

Anytime you need my addy... it's yours and I pay postage (or freight) LOL!!

How many extra large plaid flannel shirts do you need? ?

image.png.b514513ef6d2124f29a1bf58aaa7e897.png

I spent Christmas day in a relaxed mode, with my three little grand daughters. Here's me and two of them. Best Christmas gift ever! Note plaid flannel shirt.

A few weeks ago my son in law hands me a shirt. He says he got it as a present, and it's more my style than his.  I laugh and tell him I have no style, I wear whatever my wife and daughters buy for me.  Yes, it was a plaid flannel shirt.

3 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

How many extra large plaid flannel shirts do you need? ?

image.png.b514513ef6d2124f29a1bf58aaa7e897.png

I spent Christmas day in a relaxed mode, with my three little grand daughters. Here's me and two of them. Best Christmas gift ever! Note plaid flannel shirt.

A few weeks ago my son in law hands me a shirt. He says he got it as a present, and it's more my style than his.  I laugh and tell him I have no style, I wear whatever my wife and daughters buy for me.  Yes, it was a plaid flannel shirt.

Tom, I had styrene on the brain... sorry lol!!

On 12/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, misterNNL said:

I spy some very interesting kit boxes on those lower shelves.

Thanks Tom!

A good portion of those kits on the lower shelf have already been built and are just empty boxes.

I would estimate about half of them are still waiting to be built.

Mostly old Johan and AMT annuals.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Got some cash, new bedroom slippers, a couple restaurant gift cards, and a Lowes gift card.  My wife and I decided that next year we are going to Pay-it-Forward and get a couple of Angel Tree children rather than swapping money between ourselves.  When she asked what I wanted/needed for Christmas, I could not think of a single thing, other than the bedroom slippers; her reply was the same.  I have over 200 unbuilt kits so plastic is not high on my list at the moment.  Hope all had a wonderful Christmas.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 7:59 PM, LL3 Model Worx said:

Then I got a $50 card to the Honeybaked ham store

There were two which opened in Brooklyn in 2017; one on Flatbush Avenue Extension in Downtown, and another on Fulton Street in the neighborhood of Bedford-Stuyvesant. Unfortunately, both closed late last year. Too bad, the food was really good.