Model Cars Magazine Forum

Updated 10-27-08 "Head" Ache RACK completed.

10-1-08

Guy's

Though I would share this one with you...fresh from the fab shop.

This is my version of a Road-Gear headache rack for the Freightliner..it will be done in Alclad polished aluminum...things to finish..add the slamlocks to the (2) cabinets...and spot lights, I have beacon lights coming for it..and a GPS receiver...and a couple odds and ends..to complete.

Completely built from scratch from an internet photo. Mock up of some custom decals..I have KFS chain binders and chains coming from across the pond..I have about 5 evenings into it.

Kurt McLucas

DSCN5775.jpg

DSCN5774.jpg

DSCN5779.jpg

DSCN5768.jpg

DSCN5773.jpg

Edited by Turbo590

Jameston,

Yes..after acquiring the Freightliner DuPont paint chip book..the Viper blue is the same as the dump truck picture posted. I have also decided to do the frame in that blue as well. With all of the chrome/stainless steel and polished aluminum..I think it will turn out OK.

I shortened the frame 3/4"..the headache rack has had some more work done to it..And I rec'd the miniature chain binders from KFS..pretty cool.

Thank you to all..for the great comments..I'll keep everyone posted...

Kurt McLucas

Edited by Turbo590

10-12-08

Guy's....

Well the weekend came and went...this is what I tortured myself with the past few days..Enjoy!!

Few odds and ends to tie up...

This is the Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine from the Pete 378 kit. Several custom parts fabricated. Alclad stainless steel (exhaust) Chrome (Valve cover/fan)

Sorry if the lighting is not the best...Kurt McLucas

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

10-27-08

Well guy's....Here it is...99% finished.

Still need to add another item or two..airlines will go on when attached to the tractor. I have some more binders and chains made for it..did a "little" weathering...GPS unit added.

Alclad "Polished Aluminum" with custom decals. Like everything..it has its flaws..Didn't turn out to bad..mad some changes from the last post(s) Picture of the actual rack posted..this is what I eye-balled off of...

Thanks

Kurt McLucas

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

tt_275.jpg

I agree with all, this engine is awsome, how did you get the two tone effect, it looks like gold underneath the blue/grey, which makes it look so realistic, very nice. The detail of hoses, and decals make the differance for sure. The headace rack is also fabulous, and yes, some pointers on the binders would be great!

Nice

Tim