Model Cars Magazine Forum

My '69 Ford F-100, based on my . . . '69 Ford F-100.

Here's the chassis.  The model doesn't have the air intake for the radiator opened up so I opened up mine and added some p/e radiator stuff in front for detail. 

The hubcaps are some resin jobs from ebay.   I had to mill out the center of my wheels and then drop the hubcaps in.  Wheel color is Tamiya "racing white".

chassis.jpg

My motor is recently rebuilt so I didn't really feel a need to weather it.

My truck has power steering so I had to add another pulley for the p/s pump.

My air cleaner and valve covers are from some resin / p/e kit for small block fords.  I added the ribs to them myself using some micro styrene rod.

Distributor is actually wired 1542 etc.

motor 2.jpg

motor 1.jpg

That is one nice truck, and the model ain't bad either! LOL!  It's nice having the 1:1 in the driveway for reference, you nailed it !

And for future reference, there are many here (myself included) who would engage you in trades for parts needed to complete a build. It is a great way to meet fellow modelers and keep you from buying a $30 kit for just one part, and something we all have done.

First off, thanks everybody for the positive comments.

17 hours ago, Repstock said:

Very nice model...looks great! To those who might build the Moebius pickup: That trim under the rear window is only there if the top is painted a different color. If painting the truck a single color, you should sand that trim off.

You know, I knew this, and it just slipped through the cracks with everything else I was trying to do with this model.  I mean, I even have my own truck for reference.

6 hours ago, Michael Bloes said:

First off, thanks everybody for the positive comments.

You know, I knew this, and it just slipped through the cracks with everything else I was trying to do with this model.  I mean, I even have my own truck for reference.

It's just a minor detail...the model still looks outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...