Model Cars Magazine Forum

RUF CTR "Yellowbird"

afx

21 hours ago, drodg said:

Looking good jC

Thanks David. 

13 hours ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

JC, when I saw that color it reminded me of the old IROC series cars. Looks great.

Thanks Kurt.  I'll build an IROC one of these days, been collecting parts and reference for awhile. 

Edited by afx

4 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I dig the color! No reason all Porsches need to be red, silver, yellow or black. I did Monogram's old snapper 911 RSR in bright pearl pink! I've heard a few choice comments, over the years, for that. ?

Right on!

Image result for porsche iroc pink

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Excellent built...What chassis you used?...It looks like it has a built in lower part of both the transmition and the engine block. What size of plastic tubing you used for both, the roll bar and engine parts? ...Please, let me know...

Edited by simonr

1 hour ago, simonr said:

Excellent built...What chassis you used?...It looks like it has a built in lower part of both the transmition and the engine block. Please, let me know...

Thank you Simon.  Fujimi has issued several of their Porsche 911 kits as curbsides with the bottom half of the engine molded in-place.  I like to use those chassis, suspension and interior tubs to simplify the build process and add the detailed EM (Enthusiast) kit parts to them.  This thread will give you an idea which kit where issued as curbside kits.

https://race-car-models.proboards.com/thread/1173/fujimi-enthusiast-kits