Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monkeemobile...FULL detail!

Dann Tier

On 2/18/2020 at 5:13 PM, bisc63 said:

Also glad to hear this!

Thanks for patiently following, bud!, when one is actively working on 13 builds, it can go a bit slower at times, especially during the sanding-fitting stages. I am actually working on the interior now.

25 minutes ago, Nazz said:

!3 Dann, I thought I was bad! Me, usually 4-6. I don't know how you keep them all straight. My hat's off to you sir!

LOL, i'm terrible....Lots of sleepless nights, bud. I dont get anywhere fast, but i'm still moving along. I have two that are almost done though, so that will free up things a bit. I'm only doing this many because they were all my stalled projects, and i'm determined to FINALLY get them done, lol...then i will go back to around 5-6. Thanks for following!

I'm finally back at this one!...starting with the interior. First, im improving the seats. 

-Photo 1; There are as many different seats, as there were different cars, but these are the ones i'm copying..

-Photo 2; Kit seat on the left...mine on the right. I have spare seats so that i can separate the cushions from the frames. I could have just added to the seats, but i prefer this way better, and it will look waaay better.

-Photo 3; Something i like to do to my seats, is to scribe better separation lines between separate cushions, and moveable parts. I also needed to add more cushion to the rear of the top edge of the set for a more cushioned look...i did this with styrene, and putty.

-Photo 4; The space you see will be filled with the chrome trim that follows the perimeter of the backing. I also cut open the backing to replicate the recess, and used sheet styrene to back it with.

-Photo 5; this photo should have been first....stupid computer.

images.jpg

DSCF9498.JPG

DSCF9499.JPG

DSCF9500.JPG

DSCF9501.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Got some more going on here, everyone;

-Photo 1&2; On the real cars, the interior padding goes all the way to the A-pillars, so i cut bits off a spare interior tub, and attached them...i will putty, and shape them next.

-Photo 3; Time to show that the cars doors DO open, but you wouldnt know it from the inside. First i tried just scribing them, but it still wasnt pronounced enough for me, so i decided to use my trusty PE saw, and it worked/looked great! 

-Photo 4; In order to keep things lined up properly, i only cut, and braced one side at a time.

-Photo 5; Forgot to post a photo of the real bench, but i will need to later anyway...the bench in the real car is actually raised a bit, so i used styrene to do it, and this gave me the gapping to round the bottom edge of the bench to improve the rolled-padded look. 

DSCF9503.JPG

DSCF9502.JPG

DSCF9504.JPG

DSCF9505.JPG

DSCF9506.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Another update here, everyone;

-Photo 1&2;There are some Versions of the car that dont have piping around the interior, but i decided to add it to mine to add visual interest, as well as fill the uneven gaps.

-Photo 3&5; In order to define the interior panels, i scribed the corners to do this.

-Photo 4;  I drilled holes for the door handles.

-Photo 6-9; On the left...the kits seats, on the right...my seat.

DSCF9508.JPG

DSCF9511.JPG

DSCF9509.JPG

DSCF9507.JPG

DSCF9510.JPG

DSCF9512.JPG

DSCF9513.JPG

DSCF9515.JPG

DSCF9514.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

• 4 months later...

I really appreciate Your sharing this work/build here with all of us

I plan on building this kit and the work you have done on the seats will be very helpful

I am curious on what you have planned for the engine?

Thank You again for sharing your fantastic work

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, rustybill1960 said:

I really appreciate Your sharing this work/build here with all of us

I plan on building this kit and the work you have done on the seats will be very helpful

I am curious on what you have planned for the engine?

Thank You again for sharing your fantastic work

You are so welcome!!, the engine is out of Revells 66/67? kit -its VERY nice.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:59 PM, Nazz said:

Glad to see some progress on this one! Now if only I could get my but in gear! This will be amazing! Looking forward to more.

Thanks for following, Bud!...after i clear out a couple more projects, i will get back to this one.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 9:49 AM, magicmustang said:

Tri 2BBL carbs under the fake blower with fan belt driven PS?

monkeemobile-tribute-car-by-dean-jeffries-45th-anniv-tour-signed-by-3-monkeeys-4.jpg

Not really familiar with this engine.  What are the three pipes coming out of the blower plenum for?  Maybe it's for nitrous injection..tee hee hee.

Edited by TarheelRick