Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 Electra custom

geetee66

19 hours ago, geetee66 said:

I had a closer look at my inspiration photos and saw the Electracutioner has a tuck n roll dashboard.

so I added some half round styrene strips to the top of the dash ?

IMG_4201.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

Great looking T & R Dash. I have only done a few with the T & R type interiors but have found something that may simplify adding this feature. I used Plastruct #91519 1:48 scale Corrugated Siding. This comes in sheet form and can be cut to size. Looking at the sheet I have the rolls appears somewhat  smaller than what you have here but I'm sure they offer different sizes as needed.      

7 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking T & R Dash. I have only done a few with the T & R type interiors but have found something that may simplify adding this feature. I used Plastruct #91519 1:48 scale Corrugated Siding. This comes in sheet form and can be cut to size. Looking at the sheet I have the rolls appears somewhat  smaller than what you have here but I'm sure they offer different sizes as needed.      

Nice one Espo!

that could've saved me some time and aggravation. I'll get some.

I shot some silver last night...

IMG_4203.JPG

Then tonight, some nail polish. I used Mr Colour levelling thinner for the first time. It went down smoooooth!

( I taped the hood to the roof, so the shade would match the body)

IMG_4205.JPG

Edited by geetee66

33 minutes ago, beeRS said:

You nailed it with the stance, and that paint job is looking great! Are you going with a black roof like the Electracutioner?

Thanks man

I will be adding a patterned roof. The Electracutioner has one under purple candy ?

Hopefully, something like this:

IMG_4189.PNG

2 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

I love Roger Trawick´s Electracutioner and I really like where your build is heading! I tried to make a scale clone of it myself a few years ago:

800035889_05ElectracutionerScaleModel.jpg.6bf40f171531be1cd8ad4210121a3260.jpg

Oi! Nice one! That's really good looking.

looks like yours is riding on Pegasus Sov's, too. I like your shade of purple. I must admit, I just used what I had without mixing a particular shade.

I'm going to cut off the moulded headlights and use the custom ones, like you did. I plan to use a trimmed tube grille from the AMT 58 Chevy custom parts. Or have a go at making one from stainless steel wire.

I discovered that metalflake nail polish can block a gravity fed airbrush. My Iwata HP-c took a lot of time to unblock and get working again. 

The cheap siphon fed airbrush which came with the compressor worked without any problems, although I did need to turn up the pressure to nearly 40 psi.

got a really nice glitter base for the pattern now.

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4210.JPG